This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Diego Pereira 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
September 26, 2018 at 12:19 pm #2767159

adamP-25

Hi,

Im trying to translate all my products from "templates" category. All of them have the same descriptions. Is it possible to translate them fast? How to copy translation for all of them?
All of them have also the same price - 12,99$ and 45zł (I have "Set prices in other currencies manually" selected) if it possble to copy also the price?

Could you help me?

hidden link

September 27, 2018 at 6:40 pm #2771594

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @adamp-25, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

It's possible to bulk duplicate products using the steps below:
- Go to WPML > Translation Management
- On the item 1 (Select items for translation) filter by "Products"
- Select All Products
- On item 2 (Select translation options), select "Duplicate Content"
- Click on Duplicate

It will duplicate the products to the selected languages. If you need to change some infos, just go to the edit screen of the translation and click on "Translate Independently".

If you need more help just let me know.

All the best,
Diego

September 28, 2018 at 10:45 am #2773288

adamP-25

Unfortunately, it does not work. I translated product number 00104 to Polish. To test your method I made the steps and selected only products 00104 (in Polish), 00103 (English) and 00102 (English). I clicked on duplicate content and this product 00104 turned into English. In addition, all products from the category have changed prices for currency exchanged. why?

September 28, 2018 at 11:11 am #2773357

adamP-25

problem with the currency

September 28, 2018 at 6:20 pm #2774600

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi there,

The duplicate option will duplicate all fields from the original to the new language. You should use this steps with products products that have not yet been translated. If you apply this to a existing product, the translation will overwrite with the English content.

Regarding the currency issue, Did this also affect products that were not duplicated? The duplication should only affect selected products in Translation Management.

Kind regards,
Diego

September 28, 2018 at 6:53 pm #2774686

adamP-25

Hi,

Yes I duplicate only 00104, 00103 and 00101 but all 100 products in that category changed price. The main problem is that you can see on print screen - i changed in 00101 for "set prices in other currency manually" and set 40. But the plugin show 40$ not 40zl like in 00104.

September 28, 2018 at 7:30 pm #2774740

adamP-25

is it possible to reset settings to moment before I click "duplicate"? currency worked fine... now i have no idea how to fix it:(

September 30, 2018 at 6:18 pm #2776716
adamP-25

I probably found one of the reasons. I also have Booster plugin activated with Currency per Category. All products in shop I have with euro but templates category is in $.
So maybe there is any option to get that with your plugin:

In English language:
templates category in $
all others categories in Euros

In Polish language:
All categories in zł (pln)

New threads created by Diego Pereira and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-currency-per-category/

October 1, 2018 at 12:50 pm #2778184

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there,

As this seems to be a different issue from the original. I will open a new ticket for this new one.

I will reply in the new ticket.

Regards,
Diego