This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Rajeeb Banstola 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Rajeeb Banstola.

Author Posts
May 22, 2019 at 4:06 pm #3867955

vascoC

Hi,

Just missing translate one item in the main menu, but i already use the manual option and the automatic menu sinc.

When i use the Sinc. Menu, the item to translate says "Not translated", but i cannot edit.

Can you help me please?

Regards

May 23, 2019 at 7:12 am #3871925

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML!

If you use automatic Sync, the menu items should sync-ed across languages if you have translated all the pages/menus in default language.

You can take a look at instructions here on how to translate menu items - https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-menus/

If a single menu item is not being translated, I believe it could be because it is either a custom menu or the page associated with the menu is not translated.

If it is a custom menu link, you need to translate it a bit differently as pointed on instructions here:

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-menus/#translate-custom-links

If it is a menu item associated with page, please make sure the page is translated. Then use the sync option again.

Please note that you can edit the menu labels for each languages by going to Appearance - Menus and clicking the admin language switcher located in WP Admin bar.

Let me know if this helps!

May 23, 2019 at 11:14 am #3874313

vascoC

Hi,

In the menu "Appearance - Menus" the item "Services" doesn´t appear in the English menu to add manually.

Going to menu "Wpml - String Translate", all strings named "Services" i already translate, but the problem persists.

I can give you the login to the administrative page.

Regards

May 23, 2019 at 11:28 pm #3879809

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

I would need to login to your site and see why the menu item is not showing.

Can you please provide me admin username and password to your site?

I would also need permissions to possibly change or add or translate menu items. Can you please confirm if that's okay?

I've also marked your next reply as private so that only you and me can see the details.

May 29, 2019 at 3:31 am #3911615

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Thank you for the details.

I was able to login and make a couple of changes. You need to add your menu items in PT and translate them to EN as PT is your default language.

Please take a look at the menus and let me know if you need any other help

May 31, 2019 at 5:24 pm #3932415

vascoC

Hi,

I have checked the menu, but the english page appears without translation.

There is anything to delete translation of the page?

Regards

May 31, 2019 at 9:30 pm #3933451

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Thank you for your patience.

I checked your site again. Most of the pages are working. The ones that are not translated to English are showing blank page. Please translated those pages and then you will see them in front-end.

Let me know if you need any help!

June 4, 2019 at 12:07 pm #3951307

vascoC

Hi,

Sorry for my insistence, but not all of pages will be translated.

For example the homepage in portuguese language is correct an completed but the in the english version missing some elements in the webpage.

Reagards

June 4, 2019 at 11:48 pm #3955777

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Thank you for providing more details.

I was able to confirm the translation for "homepage" are not working. I do see that you are using Unyson plugin to design your content layout.

I was unable to find the plugin in the list of WPML compatible plugins.

https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/

This doesn't necessarily mean the plugin is not compatible with WPML. It just means we haven't tested it ourself. I did a small test and I was able to translate the page without any issue.

This is what I did:
Created a new page - Designed layout using Unyson Builder and duplicated the page to another language. Then used the WPML Advanced Translation Editor to translate the text.

I suggest you to ask the plugin author to take a look at our Go-Global program in order to make the plugin compatible with WPML:

https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/

Let me know if you have any questions for us!