This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
September 2, 2019 at 3:24 pm #4498219

kellyC-6

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Translate the Testimonials Section of the website...I was able to translate them in elementor, but when I saved, they do not appear. I cannot find them in WPML management.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

I have followed youtube, but still cannot find exactly what I am looking for.

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

hidden link

September 2, 2019 at 4:14 pm #4499025

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. To take a closer look on this issue, please provide temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP Login info) to your site, so that I can look into your setup and debug the issue.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

Thank you

September 4, 2019 at 2:17 pm #4511919

Noman
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for the login info. I am working on this issue and get back to you with my findings.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience.

September 4, 2019 at 6:22 pm #4513507

Noman
Supporter

Hi,

I have tried to open your home page in elementor but it keeps loading and not allowing me to edit anything.
To debug this issue, I need to enable error reporting in your site. I have installed File Manager plugin in your site but it not working properly and it showing me page not found error as you can see in the attached screenshot.

Could you please provide me FTP login info to your site so that I can debug this issue. I have enabled private input box for your next reply.

Thank you

September 6, 2019 at 2:37 pm #4526015

kellyC-6

Hi,
I am very concerned, I haven't worked on the site for a few days, as I know you were taking a look over it, but since yesterday, the main slider isn't working (see image).
Could you let me know what is going on? I do really appreciate all of your help, I am sure you are trying to fix the core problem itself!
thanks
Kelly

September 8, 2019 at 6:54 pm #4532405

Noman
Supporter

Sorry for the delay, we ran into the weekend. This is probably happening because those are custom elements that are coming from ‘Houzez Theme - Functionality’ plugin. They are not the elements that come with Elementor. Here are Elementor Page Builder modules that are supported by WPML and will automatically be displayed on the Translator Editor page:
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/#List-of-the-translatable-Elementor-Elements

So in this case support for WPML needs to be added. You can read how to do that in our documentation here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/how-to-add-wpml-support-to-custom-elementor-widgets/

Or you can duplicate original page to secondary language and then translate testimonial text of secondary page.

Also I have noticed that you are using an older version of Houzez Theme in your site. You can upgrade it to the latest version and see if this resolves your issue..

Thank you for your cooperation and patience

The topic ‘[Closed] Translate a section of the site I am unable to access’ is closed to new replies.