This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
May 14, 2018 at 12:03 pm #2118534

Mikkel

I am displaying the 'Instructions' text for my fields (Advanced Custom Fields Pro) in my theme.
The code I use to output this text looks like this:

$fieldobj = get_field_object('field_5af2db82703e9');
echo $fieldobj['instructions'];

Now I want to translate the value of the 'instructions' meta-field for each of my custom fields.

Can I do this using WPML? I can't find a way to translate the actual fields. I have set the Field Group to be translateable, but I do not see how I can translate the individual fields and theirt settings metadata..?

May 14, 2018 at 12:11 pm #2118815

Mikkel

Here is a couple of screenshots and sopme further information..

My Field Group contains some 30 fields. Each field has a text in the 'Instructions' meta-field.

When I go to the translation screen for my fields grouop I only get 3 fields that I can translate:

- Title
- Body
- Excerpt

I need to translate each of the actual fields inside the field group. The Labels and the Instructions of each field.

May 15, 2018 at 7:15 am #2129855

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

Curiously, our documentation on how to translate field groups does not include the workflow to use the Translation Editor
In case you did not see it before, here it is:
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/#translating-acf-user-interface

This may be why you are not seeing the text fields for the group appearing in the translation editor. i.e. it is not supported yet. The current way to translate these fields is using the native WordPress editor and not the Tranlsation Editor.

Does this answer your question?

The topic ‘[Closed] Translate ACF field settings ('instructions') meta-data’ is closed to new replies.