Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

This topic contains 47 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
June 21, 2019 at 11:06 am #4066497

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

If you set "Don't translate" The field is ignored and no translation is performed or available for it. If you need the field to be available in both languages you will need to set it as "copy". Read more about it here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/#setting-the-translation-preference-for-simple-fields

Please note that there is a difference between configuring ACF fields in the ACF fields screens and configuring custom fields in General. Under the hood ACF uses two custom fields (let's say my_custom_field and _my_custom_field).
The proper way to configure ACF fields is through the ACF screens.

Best regards,
Jamal

June 21, 2019 at 11:15 am #4066525

kevinS-10

I try all things as you guide me but i don't getting any Solution.

I attach here two screens of my Home Page Which are-
1) Hero Slider Section-
Which is coming from Hero Section of ACF group ( I translate and Get it Easily )

2) Content Section -
Which is used for whole sections displayed on home Page, which is coming from Content Section of ACF group ( It is not displayed on Translated Page )

Will you please help in this because we use here Many Groups, Repeaters, Clones etc Fields.

June 21, 2019 at 11:17 am #4066579

kevinS-10

I set whole static fields to COPY and which i need to translate set to TRANSLATE.
but it won't work for me.

June 21, 2019 at 2:21 pm #4067765

Jamal
Supporter

Hi,

I wanted to check it again, but the access credentials are not working for me this time. Please check if the provided login/password is working for you. The private box is activated to provide other credentials.

I checked the Sandbox you provided in your other ticket but the issue is not reproduced here. At least it is not similar to the live server. Would you like me to troubleshoot this issue too there?

Best regards,
Jamal

June 21, 2019 at 3:02 pm #4067907

kevinS-10

Will you please check with early given Credentials i add those again,
Sorry for inconvenience mistakenly i restore old Backup on it.

June 21, 2019 at 4:45 pm #4068589

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Please ask your hosting provider to increase the MaxInputVars to at least 3000, the Multilingual Content Setup Metabox has more than 2740 inputs. If you can also increase the WP Memory limit, that would help.

When translating the homepage in the translation editor, some of the custom fields are now translated, I assume that the site-wide settings are applied for those. But all these fields are not visible in the frontend.

Me, not being able to understand site language, I would need your help to know what template exactly is used to show the frontend page. This way, I can also check the template code and understand better your website.

Thank you,
Jamal

June 26, 2019 at 5:08 am #4089091

kevinS-10

Hello Jamal,

Thanks For your Response, Last weekend i am going out of station now i am coming back.

As you mention you need to check Template used for Home Page-

We are creating Child Theme For Astra which is called - wearedesigners-child
Main Template For Home Page is - siderLayout.php
Then we inculde Template Parts here which are-
1) templates/page-hero.php ( For Top Hero Banner Section )
2) template-parts/page-layout-content.php ( For other Content Sections )
3) template-parts/testimonial-global.php ( For Testimonial Section )

These templates we are used for All Pages in site.

June 26, 2019 at 11:06 am #4091847

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. It looks to me that the used functions in the code are correct.

I tried to set the repeater field to "copy once" and I have set several if not all children fields to "copy once" and translated again the page but they were not rendered in the frontend.

Please see my previous private message (JUNE 26, 2019 AT 11:05 AM), and follow the instructions there to migrate your website into our infrastructure, this way, we can exclude any possibility that the server or your infrastructure is interfering, and it will be useful for sharing with our 2nd Tier supporters and our developers if needed.

Let me know once the migration is finished.

Best regards,
Jamal

June 27, 2019 at 5:27 am #4096737

kevinS-10

Hello Jamal,

Thanks For Your Response.
Migration of site done with Your Given Credentials. Will you please look into this asap.

Thanks

June 27, 2019 at 9:27 am #4098507

kevinS-10

Are you look into this.

June 27, 2019 at 9:28 am #4098537

kevinS-10

Is there any Chat Facility with you?
So we can live chat for resolving issue asap.

June 27, 2019 at 10:35 am #4099159

Jamal
Supporter

Hi,

We offer chat support at the opening of a thread, then a chat can be converted to forum thread if it needs debugging and more work. But we cannot open a chat from a thread.

Please check the migrated site, the English homepage has rendered some information, it is not all in English, but I think that it is what we entered in the translation recently.
hidden link

You can log in to the migrated site with your own credentials to check.

From here, I can suspect that there is a caching layer in your server that does not let us get the latest translation of the homepage in English.

I suggest that in your server, you go to pages list, then switch to English, and remove the English homepage, then make sure to delete it completely from the trash. At this time I hope there will be no cached page. You can visit the English homepage to check. It should redirect you to the default homepage. At this stage, you can translate again the homepage and it should work.

I'll remain at your disposal.

Best regards,
Jamal

June 27, 2019 at 10:42 am #4099271

kevinS-10

Thanks Jamal,

I have question regarding ACF Translation,
Will you please describe which field we need to set translate, copy, copy once & don't translate?

In this site we have many types of fields like- Group, Clone, Repeater, text, textarea etc, so will you please describe it here?

Or i need to know can we make all Field Groups to translate into every language or Not needed?

June 27, 2019 at 10:43 am #4099301

kevinS-10

Will you please desrcibe each & every things in briefly so when i add another page and ACF then i will manage it easily?

And help any other regarding this issue.

June 27, 2019 at 10:50 am #4099319

Jamal
Supporter

Hi,

To summarize it, you will need to set a group to translate when you need to translate its labels too in the front end, I mean label, not value.
Please check this reply from another post
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translated-acf-field-content-is-incorrectly-exported-by-wpml-all-import-plugin/#post-4050939

Please note that I am talking about ACF Group, not an ACF field of type Group.

Then you will set the fields of the ACF Group as it suits you:
- Don’t translate: The field is ignored and no translation is performed or available for it.
- Copy: The value of the field is copied from the one in the original language.
- Copy once: The value of the custom field is copied to the secondary language in the initial translation process. The custom fields that use the copy-once action will not appear on the Translation Editor screen. However, the user can change the custom field value of the secondary language to be different from the default language using the post editing screen.
- Translate: Allows you to translate the field values.

Basically, the fields that you would like to translate needs to be set as "Copy once" or "Translate". If you would like to use the Classic Translation Editor, it is better to use "Translate".

Best regards,
Jamal