If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

This topic contains 47 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
July 16, 2019 at 8:23 am #4217583

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

We have been able to translate the homepage on the migrated site. We had to set all parent fields as "copy" then set the children fields that we want to translate as translate. You can check the English homepage in the migrated site hidden link
I wanted to try again in your test installation, but it seems to be removed.

1. Edit the page
2. Make sure page is fully loaded and custom fields are visible but NOT system fields.
3. Run this JS in console

jQuery('#icl_mcs_details label').each( function(i,elem){
    if(jQuery(elem).text().trim() == 'Copy') {
        jQuery(elem).children('input[type="radio"]').prop('checked', true);
    }
});

4. When done click apply on custom field sections
5. After this, all the fields will set to Copy
6. Now edit the field group and set the field to translate only those you want to translate. For example, do not set repeaters to translate instead set sub-field to translate e.g. text field. The field should be a string set to translate not copy. Repeaters, tab, etc all other fields should be set to copy.

Please check the migrated site for more details.
Let me know if there is anything else we can do.

Best regards,
Jamal

July 17, 2019 at 11:02 am #4229101
kevinS-10

Hello Jamal,

Thanks for you response, we are make the whole site with Elementor Pro without ACF so now my site is Translated perfectly.

But now i have a small issue will you please give me quick response on this because my site is live now.

My client change main domain to .com domain and my sites default language is da( Danish ),
So my client want /da/ in domain also for default language like another languages.
But when i add this then it works fine but when we run .com/ then blank page is displayed, its not redirected to .com/da/

So will you please give a quick response on this.

New threads created by Jamal and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/use-language-code-in-url-for-root-page/

July 17, 2019 at 11:32 am #4229461

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Sure. I have created another ticket for that request and will be posting replies there.
If you don't mind, I'll mark this ticket as resolved.

Best regards,
Jamal