Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The theme I am using (Salient) allows me to insert a pre-built page submenu containing anchor links. However, when I created the French translation using the WPML Translation Editor, these anchor links weren't there as fields to translate. Is there a way for me to edit these anchor links using the Translation Editor?

Solution: It seems that the anchors are the ID's of the sections, and these ID's are not registered for translation (see https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/).

Please check if it's possible to translate it by using the manual editor: - Go to the edit screen of the page (original language). - Turn off the "Use WPML's Translation Editor" on the right sidebar - Select "Only for this page" and save - Edit the translation

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by nikolaiS-8 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Mateus Getulio.

Author Posts
April 19, 2021 at 4:04 pm #8574361

nikolaiS-8

I have just translated a page from English into French.

The theme I am using (Salient) allows me to insert a pre-built page submenu containing anchor links. However when I created the French translation using the WPML Translation Editor, these anchor links weren't there as fields to translate.

Here is the French page, where you'll see that they're English anchor links:
hidden link

Is there a way for me to edit these anchor links using the Translation Editor?

Thanks in advance

April 19, 2021 at 4:23 pm #8574473

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

Before your ticket is assigned to one of my colleagues, please allow me to walk you through some initial debugging steps. This will help speed up the support process.

It seems that the anchors are the ID's of the sections, and these ID's are not registered for translation (see https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/).

Please check if it's possible to translate it by using the manual editor:
- Go to the edit screen of the page (original language).
- Turn off the "Use WPML's Translation Editor" on the right sidebar
- Select "Only for this page" and save
- Edit the translation

Please let us know if it worked for you.

April 19, 2021 at 5:26 pm #8574977

nikolaiS-8

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. This worked, thanks! So now that I've translated the anchors manually, can I go back to using the Translation Editor without it affecting the translated anchors?

April 20, 2021 at 1:38 pm #8582287

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello Nikolai,

Thanks for your reply.

Glad that you were able to resolve this. You can safely switch back to the Translation Editor without affecting your translated links.

I hope we are good to close here. Feel free to contact us any time if you need assistance with our products.

Kind regards,
Mateus.

April 21, 2021 at 11:51 am #8590345

nikolaiS-8

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!