Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 4 years, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
June 22, 2015 at 7:07 am #643096

tonyN-3

I am trying to: translate the two buttons (Try a class) + (Watch video) on the header menu

URL of (my) website where problem appears: hidden link

I was able to translate the menu itself using WPML but not sure if there is a way to duplicate the two buttons and translate as well. I have the most basic version of WPML.

June 22, 2015 at 8:08 pm #643779

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

The strings are displayed in the WPML > String Translation? Have you tried scanning the theme?

If not, please click on the WPML > Theme and plugins localization. Be sure that the 'Translate by WPML.' option is selected. Scroll down the page and look for the "Strings in the theme" option. Click on the "Scan the theme for strings" button. This will scan the theme to find the strings.

Please in WPML > String Translation, check if the strings are available for translation.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

Thank you.

June 24, 2015 at 7:27 am #644883

tonyN-3

Thanks for your reply.

I went to WPML > Theme and plugins localization but 'Translate by WPML' is not enabled because I have the most basic version of WPML (the $29 package). I can only select "Translate using .mo files.". How should I proceed? Should I check the box for "Automatically load the theme's .mo file using 'load_theme_textdomain'"? I don't know my textdomain value.

June 24, 2015 at 7:01 pm #645581

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Sorry. If these buttons are translated at the mo file, yes, you should only select the textdomain and use the "Automatically load the theme's .mo file using 'load_theme_textdomain'" option.

Your textdomain should be within the functions.php file from your theme. This should be, for example:

load_theme_textdomain( 'twentyfifteen', get_template_directory() . '/languages' );

In this example, the textodomain is: twentyfifteen.

That is, see what the textdomain your theme and fill the field mentioned with textdomain. Note that this should work only if the translation is in the mo file.

That is, if the buttons are added by the options page of your theme then it should not works.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] Translate buttons on header menu’ is closed to new replies.