This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
May 7, 2019 at 12:21 am #3752977

edwardH-16

Tell us what you are trying to do? I want to translate the shop pages for woocommerce

Is there any documentation that you are following? yes, I have tried everything, google it all!

Is there a similar example that we can see? yes probably

What is the link to your site? vvsexperten.ax, but i have deactivated the plugins because of the site is live.

May 7, 2019 at 4:20 am #3753791

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Welcome to WPML support. I'd be assisting you further on this issue.

Before I debug the issue, I would like to understand the issue properly, so could you please provide feedback on the following questions as much as possible?

Are the products counts not synchronized? or the products are not showing properly on the translated shop page?

Sometimes running troubleshooting steps helps to fix these types of issues, so, could you please go to WPML-> Support ->Troubleshooting and click the below buttons:

+ Clear Cache in WPML
+ Set Language information
+ Fix element types collation
+ Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
+ Assign translation status to duplicated content
+ Set language information

I couldn't get the issue behind the add to cart button, could you please explain a bit more about this?

Which version of WPML are you using? It's very important to know your site related information such as themes used, plugins used, PHP versions, etc. You can easily send this using Debug information settings from WPML.

So could you please go to WPML > Support > Debug Information and give me the information in the next reply. You can read the detailed instruction here: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Look forward to receiving your answers so we can get to the bottom of this issue.

Thanks

May 7, 2019 at 2:29 pm #3759251

edwardH-16

Hi,
My first issue is when activating the plugins from WPML I get this in the URL vvsexperten.ax/en
I just want to translate single elements to Swedish from English in the woocommerce because we are building a webshop in Swedish.

May 7, 2019 at 2:46 pm #3759399

edwardH-16

My second problem is that I can't find the elements to translate and I have done everything trust me, so the issue is that the plugin WPLM can seme to find the strings to translate.

May 7, 2019 at 9:59 pm #3762319

edwardH-16

??

May 8, 2019 at 2:24 am #3763095

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Did you follow the below steps:

1) Go to WPML->Themes & Plugin localization and check the "Translate the theme and plugins using WPML's String Translation" checkbox
2) Once saved go below the page under "Strings in the plugins"
3) Choose the WooCommerce plugin and select the "Scan the plugins for strings" Button
4) Once the scanning process is finished, go to WPML->Strings translation - Search for the strings and translate them to the secondary languages. https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

If the issue still exists, I would need to check your site settings once, for this I would need temporary access (wp-admin and ftp) to your site.

So could you please provide me those details, you will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
hidden link

This info is private and available to you and WPML supporters only.
Read more about this: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Note:
Backup your sites before providing the credentials or if possible provide credentials for the test site

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks

May 9, 2019 at 7:26 am #3773663

edwardH-16

Hi,
Still got issue finding the word "Sort by Default Order" as in the abow picture?
Do you know where to look? I Have searched in the string translation but can't seem to find it.
Thank you!

May 9, 2019 at 8:41 am #3774259

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

It looks like there is some modification done for the default sorting text as "Sort by Default Order".

Did you search the strings in other domains, as a test could you please scan your theme strings and see if you can find these strings?

If the problem still exists, I would need to check your site settings once, for this I would need temporary access (wp-admin and ftp) to your site.

So could you please provide me those details, you will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
hidden link

This info is private and available to you and WPML supporters only.
Read more about this: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Note:
Backup your sites before providing the credentials or if possible provide credentials for the test site

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

May 9, 2019 at 11:02 am #3775503

edwardH-16

I send to you

May 9, 2019 at 11:05 am #3775537

edwardH-16

OK, becuse my message a can not longer send the information!!!!!!! plaese fix this, can i send to email or something, this support sucks!

May 9, 2019 at 11:09 am #3775555

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I am sorry for this experience. I have enabled the private reply again so could you please send the login details?

Screenshot Instruction: hidden link

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

May 9, 2019 at 11:53 am #3775779

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

The Sort by & Default order was two different strings so to translate them please search them separately in the string translation and translate it.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

May 12, 2019 at 4:36 pm #3793419

edwardH-16

Hi,
Can find the word view cart (4 diffrent, woocommerce, Avda, wo-multi, wocommerce, but when translating nothing happens?

May 12, 2019 at 4:43 pm #3793455

edwardH-16

Hi. again issue above resolved updated page and translation worked.
Now I have a new issue when activating Klarna checkout and management, it want appear in checkout, I have turned Klarna on and made a lot of things but can't seem to find it?

May 12, 2019 at 6:23 pm #3793507

edwardH-16

Hi,
I also have one more issue and that is when you visit my site it forces it to be hidden link
I don't want that to be displayed, I only use your plugin to translate different elements to Swedish not to make a multilanguage site.
How can I remove that?