This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas Neuber 6 years, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas Neuber.

Author Posts
March 5, 2013 at 1:04 pm #109020

irene

Hi i m using the Rockwell theme and the front page has 3 columns with text. I am trying to find a way to translate these using your plugin and i cannot find a solution. the url is this: hidden link
could you please help?

thanks

March 5, 2013 at 2:07 pm #109048

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Hi Irene,

Since we have no "Rockwell" theme listed yet under http://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/ this might be a "WPML/Theme incompatibility".
If this is in the end really so, we will invite the theme author for a special "Go-Global" program to make the theme fully compatible. Best solution then for all involved.

Most likely these 3 columns with text are theme widgets - could this be?
Are there widgets under "Appearance > Widgets" for the "Homepage/Startpage"?

March 6, 2013 at 9:05 am #109342

irene

Hi, thanks for your answer. No the homepage is defined inside the theme options using option tree.
They are not under Appearance->Widgets.

Thanks again

March 6, 2013 at 12:00 pm #109424

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Hello Irene,

I think in this case the best solution would be that we invite the author for a closer cooperation to make the theme fully "WPML compatible", as mentioned before.
The theme in question is this one: hidden link, correct?

Do you have by any chance the name and email address of the theme author?
In case you do, could you let me know via a private email to andreas.n@onthegosystems.com ?
Thanks!

March 6, 2013 at 4:20 pm #109565

irene

thanks for your concern, but this is not really helping since it will take a long time. is there any way, that i can do this myself?

thanks

March 7, 2013 at 1:36 pm #109807

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Hello Irene,

To the contrary, it has proven as the fastest way. Based on our experience "quick fixes" take in effect longer than working together with the theme author and address all issues at once. Its also much more "future-proof", no fixes are overwritten with theme updates.

We are contacting the author now. Once he answers us we will start working on making the theme compatible with WPML.

We are closing the ticket but we will keep it in our records and once the theme is compatible with WPML we will notify you.

Best regards,

WPML support team
By OnTheGoSystems

---
Most likely a "wpml-config.xml" needs to be created:
> find in DB table "wp_options" the options which are set by the theme
> http://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/ > heading: "4. Admin texts / wp_options"
> add the options into the "wpml-config.xml" file as keys
> as last, move "wpml-config.xml" file into the main folder of the theme
---

The topic ‘[Closed] translate custom theme’ is closed to new replies.