This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by renaud-andreT 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcel.

Author Posts
July 31, 2019 at 9:51 am #4313385

renaud-andreT

I have translated the "bibliotheque DIVI". But it seems that I have a problem with the layout and colors when my page contain "short codes" neither the shop module of DIVI.
NDLR:
1) original: hidden link
translation : hidden link

2) Original: hidden link
hidden link

3) original:hidden link: hidden link

Also, the product display and the category display of WC i not respected in the WPML transations

any suggestions
see:
Original : hidden link
translation: hidden link

July 31, 2019 at 2:11 pm #4315175

renaud-andreT

To be more specific:
- Short codes (ex: showmodule ID) are not translated on WC category pages.
- "Shop" module doesn't appear in WMPL tranlsation neither?
- the product and category display is not respected in WPML translations (actualy their is none)
Hope it helps
André

July 31, 2019 at 2:32 pm #4315375

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi André,

thanks for the additional information. I will check this and let you know ASAP.

Best Marcel

August 2, 2019 at 9:03 am #4328327

Marcel
Supporter

Hi, I would need to request temporary access again, as the provided login data in your first ticket is not working anymore:

I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site
– preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible –
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

✙ Please add the Links to the […] Edit Screen, the Page/Post where you insert the […] and the corresponding Front End Page/Screen

Thank you

Best Marcel

August 6, 2019 at 8:21 am #4345027

renaud-andreT

Hi Marcel Hope you are fine. Any feedback regarding my issue?
Regards

August 6, 2019 at 3:53 pm #4349263

Marcel
Supporter

Hi André,

- Short codes (ex: showmodule ID) are not translated on WC category pages.
--> You are loading for both languages the same shortcode ID (Example 1506). This means you always open the same language on the French and English category. Please change the ID to the correct Divi Library element ID.

- "Shop" module doesn't appear in WMPL translation neither?
--> The title is translated. The products are coming from the WooCommerce setting:
Please see "Shop page" from the following link:

- hidden link - hidden link

- the product and category display is not respected in WPML translations (actually there is none)
--> Yes, as your second question this is configured differently. Please load "Shop" on both languages or the category ID.

Best Marcel

August 6, 2019 at 5:31 pm #4349763

renaud-andreT

Thanks Marcel, let me analyse and revert.

August 7, 2019 at 7:23 am #4352449

Marcel
Supporter

Sure, let me know if you have any questions. 🙂

August 7, 2019 at 1:34 pm #4355439

renaud-andreT

Good Morning Marcel,
I hope you are well I am at the moment working on it and here are my first interrogation.
Note that I have no webmaster or coding training. Then my technical vocabulary is very little.

Regarding question 1:
My first worry is that if it was as you said why the French (original) layout does not appear then on the EN translation ?
ex:
original: hidden link

Also I am trying to find the ID of the EN translations to so I can replace the shortcodes but I do not find them.e

Regarding points 2 and 3, I don't think we are talking the same thing. Sorry but I not sure to understand your answers neither (2-3).
You are talking about the Shop PAGE right?
And I am talking about "DIVI Shop MODULE". They don't appear on the translated pages
(obious)ex:
original hidden link

--> Yes, as your second question this is configured differently. Please load "Shop" on both languages or the category ID.
It seems to me that they both shop pages (en-fr) are load the right way ... I am a bit lost with this answer to be honest.
Here my issue is regarding de display of the categories or subcategories on shop and category WC pages. (see print screen)

PS: your login and password are still the same

I hope this time I was more specific. Thanks a lot Marcel

August 7, 2019 at 2:54 pm #4356199

renaud-andreT

Hi again marcel, let me specify question"3":

-->> Here my issue is regarding de display of the categories or subcategories on shop and category WC pages. (see print screen)

---- I noted that none of the product are translated, so category and sub-category can't be displayed. I think translating them will fix "point 3".

Then my question became: how to translate all my WC product "automatically". Since I have more than 4500 product (I'll translate them accurately "au fur et à mesure" later).

Hope it make sens for you too...

August 8, 2019 at 12:24 pm #4362737

Marcel
Supporter

Hi André,

thanks for the additional information.

#1 When you open the category where you placed the shortcode there you see the ID.

- French: [showmodule id="3962"]
- In English this shortcode element is missing

Let's open the ID 3962 under Divi -> Library.

hidden link
If you switch the language you see that EN has ID 23872, so you need to add this ID to your shortcode. hidden link

#2 I'm not able to open hidden link, it's loading endlessly. Is it working for you?

#3 In the screenshot, you see what I mean. I see that you configured this in the Divi Customizer, but you WooCommerce setting is not identical for each language.

You can follow this guide to translate products automatically. Please notice that you need to change "Pages" to "Products": hidden link

And here the doc about the Translation Management Add-on: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Marcel

August 10, 2019 at 2:32 pm #4375683

renaud-andreT

Dear Marcel,

Sorry here is another message regarding our subject.

#1 When you open the category where you placed the shortcode there you see the ID.

I had a lot of hope it works but unfortunately, it didn't work. I have replace all ID in all shortcode, in the pages and in the WC categories (attached all ID (fr) and its english ID!
The ID numbers I replaced lately are not taking into account (none of them)... WPML use the only ID that is not use ??? hidden link

#2 I'm not able to open hidden link, it's loading endlessly. Is it working for you?

Yes Indeed it works for me but it takes ages. I am suffering of slowed performancew since I installed WPML CMS. See the ticket I opened for it: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/low-site-performance-due-to-cms-management-wpml/

#3 same issue as number 4, without the translated procucts I can't see the result (if my categirys and subcategories appears in my WC categories pages (and not WP pages)

#4 And here the doc about the Translation Management Add-on: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/

Here again I am stucked... see my ticket: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/low-site-performance-due-to-cms-management-wpml/

I definitly need to find a solution in the best delay now... I wasn't expecting these bugs and I do have the pressure to finish it ... yesterday 😉
I'll do my best to help you but IU have no more time to make studies to make it work.
So I rely on you and WPML good service now to fixed the issue related to WPML.
Thanks for your support and understanding.

Best Regards
André

August 13, 2019 at 3:07 pm #4389121

Marcel
Supporter

Hi André,

I can't follow you anymore. Example: Category Medical:

FR: hidden link
EN: hidden link

As you see you are using on both languages the shortcode

<p style="text-align: center;">[showmodule id="3962"]</p>

If I open this shortcode ID and switch on the top bar the language I receive a completely different ID as you are using. (like on your screenshot).

hidden link

hidden link

So why you are not using 23872 as EN shortcode instead of repeating the French one? I can't see how this should be an issue from WPML, as this shortcode is part of Divi and you are adding the ID manually to a translated category. Please explain, maybe I oversee something.

Please let me know.

Best Marcel

August 13, 2019 at 3:07 pm #4389123

Marcel
Supporter

Hi André,

I can't follow you anymore. Example: Category Medical:

FR: hidden link
EN: hidden link

As you see you are using on both languages the shortcode

<p style="text-align: center;">[showmodule id="3962"]</p>

If I open this shortcode ID and switch on the top bar the language I receive a completely different ID as you are using. (like on your screenshot).

hidden link

hidden link

So why you are not using 23872 as EN shortcode instead of repeating the French one? I can't see how this should be an issue from WPML, as this shortcode is part of Divi and you are adding the ID manually to a translated category. Please explain, maybe I oversee something.

Please let me know before we continue with the other questions.

Best Marcel

August 14, 2019 at 9:43 am #4393753

renaud-andreT

Goodmorning Marcel,
Sorry for this llate reply.
We were actually this time talking about the same things but I could express myself properly.

FYI
I have done the translation (of the shomodule) through WooCommerce MultiLingual and I didn't do a last synchronisation which is why the changed I made didn't appear on the Medical Category page you took as an example.
Still, it wasn't enough. I also had to add to for each category and subcategory the related image. Only after adding the image to the category (or subcategory), the layout of the short module appears correctly.

So it seems that the SHOW module issue is fine. It was only about doing the translation at the right seps.

Merci
Gracias
Dank U
Thanks
Xie Xie