No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andrés 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Andrés.

Author Posts
July 9, 2019 at 7:19 am #4167939

Nick Hartmann

Hi WPML support,

Our site is created with the Divi-pagebuilder and we would prefer to translate a page by simply adding the page in another language (by clicking on the plus icon in the backend), then copying the version from the original language and then open all the modules and then translate the text in the Divi pagebuilder. This way we can make individual layouts for the different languages.

I found a similar support post from 2018, where the customer wanted to translate Divi pages using the Divi Builder instead of the translator editor. You support gave this answer:

"You can set this on WPML > Settings > How to translate posts and pages, using the Create translations manually option. This way all translations will use the classic WP editor instead of the Translator Editor. It should work normally."

This option doesn't appear in our backend.

How would I do this now?

July 9, 2019 at 5:19 pm #4173387

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Hello Nick,

Welcome to WPML support forum.

You can activate or deactivate WPML's editor directly from every page or for all your site. Once it is deactivated, you can use your Divi editor and translate all your site.

Best regards,
Andrés

July 10, 2019 at 6:40 am #4176355

Nick Hartmann

Hey Andrés,

Thank you for your reply. So how do proceed?

1. Do I need to go to all pages – in all languages – and turn off 'Use WPML's Translation Editor'?

2. Will the pages still be connected in the front-end, so clients can switch between languages and still get the same subpage – just in another language and layout?

3. Will the translations that are on the translated pages still be there or will we have to translate them again, when we toggle the switch?

Thanks, Nick

July 10, 2019 at 8:21 am #4177261

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Hey Nick,

I'll try to answer your questions:

1. Do I need to go to all pages – in all languages – and turn off 'Use WPML's Translation Editor'?

When you change your setting, you can choose if doing it for all pages or just the current one.

2. Will the pages still be connected in the front-end, so clients can switch between languages and still get the same subpage – just in another language and layout?

It will change just the editor you use for translating your pages, any other relationshipt will be kepp as it is.

3. Will the translations that are on the translated pages still be there or will we have to translate them again, when we toggle the switch?

If you have already started translating your Classic or Advanced editor, you will need to add again your translation on Divi's editor.

Regards,
Andrés