This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dudu 6 days, 20 hours ago.

Assigned support staff: George Botsev.

Author Posts
October 8, 2019 at 11:32 am #4714727

Dudu

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I am using a plugin for woocommerce called "Abandoned Card Lite" wich sends an email to customers. I would like to edit the email template so I can translate it.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Yes. In the plugin documentation says: "If the store is using WPML then admin can translate all the abandoned cart reminder email templates using WPML. Then the emails will be sent to the customers in the same language in which they have abandoned the cart."

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site? hidden link

October 9, 2019 at 1:09 pm #4723261

George Botsev
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Sofia (GMT+03:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting us.
The plugin : "Abandoned Cart Lite" is not in our tested as compatible themes in https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/
So any claims of compatibility with us, by the plugin author are not verified by our team.

That might mean that the plugin might not be compatible.

I tried to test that plugin, and in their FAQ I can see this:

How can we translate the strings of {{products.cart}} merge tag in the email?
To translate the strings, you need to generate ".po" and ".mo" files in your respective language. These files then need to be added to the following path: "woocommerce-abandoned-cart/i18n/languages"

I have not found anything to say that the plugin is compatible with WPML, except the readme.txt, but that means nothing.

I suggest that you contact the plugin author and ask him to contact and work with us - > https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/

I am going to ping our compatibility team for this and provide the author contacts.

October 11, 2019 at 11:44 am #4737637

Dudu

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!