This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.40 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
I was able to translate the templates using string translation (like with pages) but it seems all pages are including only the english template.
Solution:
The footer layout made using Elementor is controlled by the theme through Customizer. Adding the following XML config to WPML → Settings → Custom XML Configuration:

<wpml-config>
  <admin-texts>
    <key name="theme_mods_futurio">
      <key name="footer-credits"/>
    </key>
  </admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

made the ID of the template appear in String Translation. Just add the ID of the footer template translation here and everything will be back to normal.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by alexanderR-24 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
July 26, 2019 at 9:47 am #4288765

alexanderR-24

I am trying to:

Translate an Elementor Section Template that I use in multiple Elementor Pages.
I was able to translate the templates using string translation (like with pages) but it seems all pages are including only the english template.

I don't have Elementor pro and therefore no global templates. Is it possible to also use translation with section templates?

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

hidden link

I expected to see:

The german footer with the words "Impressum" and "Datenschutzerklärung"

Instead, I got:

The footer in the default language english.

July 26, 2019 at 12:08 pm #4289583

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Alexander,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

You should be able to translate the footer content too. Is there any chance that you could give me access to the dashboard area? I'll have a look at the structure of the footer elements and see what can be done in order to translate them.
The next reply is set to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

July 29, 2019 at 12:07 pm #4299461

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Alex,

I checked all the settings on the plugin side and everything looks fine. However, I found that the footer is configured through the theme options (on customizer). In this case, I needed to add some custom XML configuration to Dashboard → WPML → Settings → Custom XML Configuration tab. If you check now the footer, everything should work well.

Thanks,
Radu

July 29, 2019 at 1:35 pm #4300235

alexanderR-24

You solved the problem. Thanks a lot!