This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
April 9, 2019 at 11:11 pm #3571155

mariaB-21

I am using Flagallery plugin to show media in my website and I am using WPML to translate the whole website.
hidden link

I am trying to translate:
1/ translate all galleries used in my website
2/translate menu tags of Cicerone Flagallery skin. (see img link below)
hidden link

I can't find the way to do it, can you help me please?
Thank you so much for your support.
Maria.

April 10, 2019 at 12:18 am #3571289

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. How are you creating these filters in the gallery? I tried to create these filters but I did not find any of these filters to create on the gallery.

Can you please elaborate a little more so I can better understand? Sometimes screenshots illustrating what you mean may go a long way to clarify what words fail to transmit so if you like make use of "upload an image" below the comment area.

Thank you.

April 10, 2019 at 2:06 am #3571417

mariaB-21

Hi, I'll try to be as clear as possible, follow the steps listed below:

1/ Go to > WordPress menu > go to FlAGallery > Manage Galleries. The list of galleries showed are the galleries tags showed in Cicerone skin gallery. So...

2/ To add gallerie's tags menu, you have to insert it editing media page wordpress template:
hidden link
So then, go to edit media page, add a text block element and insert a FlAgallery

3/ A new window with gallery options will appear (see img attached "page_media_add_flagallery.jpg"). Go to the "select galleries" and add 6 galleries:

- Publicity Shots
- On Tour
- Recordings
- Early career
- Family
- High Resolution Photos

3/ Then go to "SKIN" tab and select Cicerone skin (see img "skin_cicerone.jpg"). And save.
4/ You will see the Fla gallery code in Textblock box (see img "result_cicerone_gallery.jpg")
5/ Save and upload page, wiew page and you will see the gallery and tags added.

If you need more info just ask me, thank you so much for your support.
Maria.

April 10, 2019 at 9:08 pm #3581445

Bruno
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you. Maybe this will only work using Visual Composer.

I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

April 12, 2019 at 2:18 pm #3599819

Bruno
Supporter

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. Sorry for the delay. I saw what you're reporting. The problem I could not replicate in my testing environment is that this skin is a premium skin.

When I try to access FTP, this error message is displayed:

Error:	Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
Error:	Could not connect to server

The FTP port may be incorrect. Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

Thank you.

April 12, 2019 at 7:36 pm #3601493

mariaB-21

Hi, yes you can install plugins if you need it, and I can send you ftp data again in a private message, maybe there is an error in the data that I send previously...
Thankyou.
M.

April 17, 2019 at 12:18 am #3626159

Bruno
Supporter

Hello,

Unfortunately, this plugin does not seem to be compatible with WPML at this time. To ensure that this plugin is made compatible with WPML we need to contact the plugin author and work with him on resolving the issue.

I have forwarded the details to our Themes & Plugins Compatibility Team and they will contact the author. Our Compatibility Team will work with the author of the plugin for this to work properly.

Please note that this process may take a while as it depends on how soon the author will reply to our efforts to contact him.

Thank you.

September 21, 2019 at 3:30 am #4615173

Bruno
Supporter

Hello,

Sorry for the delay. Our compatibility team has found a workaround for this. Please follow the steps below:

In order to translate the gallery title I found this workaround to register and translate the string on the fly: In wp-content/plugins/flash-album-gallery/lib/skinobject.php add this after line 86:

do_action( 'wpml_register_single_string', 'custom-context', $gallery['title'], $gallery['title'] );
$gallery['title'] = apply_filters( 'wpml_translate_single_string', $gallery['title'], 'custom-context', $gallery['title'], apply_filters( 'wpml_current_language', NULL ));

To translate the "All" string

in wp-content/plugins/flagallery-skins/cicerone/settings.php replace line 17 with:

'tagCloudAll' => __('All', 'my-domain'),

The string is not properly localized in other skins:
wp-content/plugins/flagallery-skins/flagallery-skins/amron/settings.php
10,23: 'tagCloudAll' => 'All',

wp-content/plugins/flagallery-skins/flagallery-skins/cicerone/settings.php
17,23: 'tagCloudAll' => 'All',

wp-content/plugins/flagallery-skins/flagallery-skins/cubik/settings.php
79,37: 'label' => 'All links in new tab',
83,37: 'label' => 'All links in same window',

wp-content/plugins/flagallery-skins/flagallery-skins/flipgrid/settings.php
12,30: 'filterButton_All_text' => 'All',

By following these steps, could you please check if the problem persists?

Thank you.