This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by viktorB-10 1 year, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
July 2, 2018 at 2:11 pm #2454035

leandroD

Hi there,

I'm working on the translation of Flatsome Theme, include their UX Builder, on POEDIT I had found around 1500 strings and with WPML just around 150, of course WPML are missing something.

On POEDIT I had translated around 1400 strings. How can I use this .po file to avoid extra job?

How can I translate Flatsome?

My best regards,

Leandro

July 2, 2018 at 5:37 pm #2454782

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @leandrod, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

Flatsome is not listed on our compatible themes list: https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility

Did you scan the theme for strings? You can do this in WPML > Theme and Plugin localization > Strings in the themes

You can use the following steps to import your .po file:
- Go to WPML > String Translator
- Scroll down to Import/Export .PO section
- Select the file and check the Also create translations according to the .po file checkbox
- Select the textdomain on the Select what the strings are for dropdown
- Click on Submit

Please let me know if it worked for you.

All the best,
Diego

July 2, 2018 at 5:54 pm #2454833

leandroD

Hi Diego,

thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately the procedure of import .po file don't show up on the template. The import process works perfect I can see all the strings but the translated strings no show up on the template.
How can we solve that issue?
My best regards,
Leandro

July 2, 2018 at 7:43 pm #2455066

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi Leandro,

Please go to WPML > Theme and Plugin Localization > Localization options
and set it as Translate themes and plugins using WPML's String Translation only (don't load .mo files). Save and test it again. Also, check if the translated strings are with the Translation is complete checkbox set.

If it still don't work, please send us:
- Screenshots of some strings
- Link of of the pages containing the strings
- Access to your WordPress dashboard (website URL, login and password) I'll check and do some tests. - Please use the private field to send the sensitive data - do not post if you do not see it.

It would be better if you give me a test site rather than the live site.

IMPORTANT We always recommend to backup a working copy of site files and database before.

Regards,
Diego

September 1, 2019 at 5:17 pm #4492911

viktorB-10

test