Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:Translate footer loated on yolo sofani theme's framework

Solution:
- Go to WPML -> Settings -> Post Type Translation and make the "All footer (yolo_footer)" translatable.
- Go to WPML -> Settings -> Custom XML Configuration and add the following code:

<admin-texts>
   <key name="yolo_sofani_options">
            <key name="footer" /></key>
    </admin-texts>

- to WPML -> String Translations and select the admin_texts_yolo_sofani_options> domain from the domains dropdown.

This domain should only have one option to translate, which is the footer post ID. In the field for the English translations all you have to do is paste the ID number for the English footer you created in Sofani -> Footer Blocks.

Relevant Documentation:

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by reinerB-3 3 years, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Ricardo Alday.

Author Posts
August 8, 2018 at 5:23 pm #2625892

reinerB-3

Tell us what you are trying to do? Translate the footer. The problem is that it isn't on a widget or in appeareance but on the theme's framework as an entry and there is no option to translate it.

The theme is Yolo Sofani

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Opera Instantánea_2018-08-08_191603_tinggal.de.png
Opera Instantánea_2018-08-08_191637_tinggal.de.png
August 8, 2018 at 11:37 pm #2626786

Ricardo Alday

Hi,

Thanks for contacting WPML support. I'll do my best to help you with this.
Go to WPML -> String Translation and use the search feature to locate the string. You can also find strings from customizer and theme options in WPML -> String Translation (bottom of the page) -> Translate texts in admin screens

Let me know if that helps,
Ricardo

August 9, 2018 at 1:32 pm #2629026

reinerB-3

I didn't find the string neither on strings translations nor in Translate texts in admin screens

August 10, 2018 at 12:17 pm #2633921

reinerB-3

Please help me out! 🙂

August 10, 2018 at 5:00 pm #2634918

Ricardo Alday

Ricardo Alday <ricardo.a@onthegosystems.com>
Fri, Dec 15, 2017, 12:39 PM
to me

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT

Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.

If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:

hidden link

August 11, 2018 at 1:50 am #2635565

Ricardo Alday

Thanks for the information.
The footer blocks are a custom post type added by the theme framework.
Go to WPML -> Settings -> Post Type Translation and make the "All footer (yolo_footer)" translatable. You should then be able to translate the blocks the same way you translate pages or posts.

**Be sure to backup first** just in case.

August 11, 2018 at 5:10 pm #2636629

reinerB-3

I could translate footer but framework doesn't show it when I switch languages. I checked theme options panel and it seems like there's only one footer allowed 🙁

August 13, 2018 at 11:20 pm #2641395

Ricardo Alday

Ok, looks like you need some more steps.
Go to WPML -> Settings -> Custom XML Configuration and add the following code right before the closign

</wpml-config>

tag:

<admin-texts>
        <key name="yolo_sofani_options">
            <key name="footer" /></key>
    </admin-texts>

Save, then go to WPML -> String Translations and select the admin_texts_yolo_sofani_options> domain from the domains dropdown.

This domain should only have one option to translate, which is the footer post ID. In the field for the English translations all you have to do is paste the ID number for the English footer you created in Sofani -> Footer Blocks.

That's it. Don't forget to clear the cache to see the changes reflected right away.

Hope that helps,
Ricardo

August 14, 2018 at 10:24 am #2642955

reinerB-3

Thanks a lot! In the end I y to make another entry to have a different ID for the footer but it worked fine!