This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ernestC-2 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
May 7, 2018 at 3:55 am #2002528

ernestC-2

Dear Sir/Madam,

What I would like to achieve is first, add a translation of English pages into Traditional Chinese. By doing that, I will need to go into every single Traditional page to correct the font sizes.

Subsequently, I would also like to add a translation of Simplified Chinese and Japanese. However, the easiest way is do the translations is from the Traditional Chinese Pages (NOT English) into these new languages as the font sizes can be the same as the Traditional Chinese pages.

What is the easiest way I can achieve this configuration? As I know I can copy the Traditional Chinese Pages 1 by 1 by this takes time.

Thank you,

Ernest

May 8, 2018 at 8:07 am #2024944

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

Please follow the below steps to translate the content as per your need.

1) Translate content from English to Traditional Chinese.

2) Now go to WPML->Translation Management -> Translators and create a new local translator, you can add yourself as the local translator so please add yourself. https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-the-translation-editor/

3) On the translator language pair make sure you select "Traditional Chinese to Simplified Chinese and Japanese"

4) Now go to WPML->Translation Management -> Dashboard

5) Use the filter to load pages from Traditional Chinese and send those to translation.
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-the-translation-editor/#sending-content-for-translation
Screenshot: hidden link [The filters I am talking is the first row which shows "Page" English etc.

6) Now go to WPML->Translations and translate it.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

May 9, 2018 at 8:50 am #2047239

ernestC-2

Dear Shekhar,

Many thanks for your reply. Let me try it can get back to you.

Kind regards,

Ernest

May 9, 2018 at 12:43 pm #2052371

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Sure, I will wait for your feedback.

Thanks

May 23, 2018 at 9:01 am #2213389

ernestC-2

Many thanks for your prompt reply. Your solutions are great!