This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
July 11, 2019 at 4:44 pm #4192035

edwinX

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I want to create a post type (wich has a custom repeatable group) only in a non default language on my site.
I have a multilingual site, using wpml and toolset. I created a custom repeatable group as custom field. I set the post wpml settings to *Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language*

When I go to add a new element on the default language(English) first I have no problem adding the repeatalbe group fileds in englisn and in spanish.
But when I go to add a new element on the non-default langauge(Spanish) Ifirst get this message where the repeatable gropu is:
*Translation mode active. In this mode you can translate existing itesms. Switch to the default language to add, delete or sort items of Speakers*

I understand what that means, but that doesn-t work for my site since I need somoe post on the non-default languate(spanish) only that won't be translated into the default language(english).

So I was wondering if there was a setting to deactivate the trnalsation mode or anything else that would allow me to have posts with repeatable group of custom fields only in the non-default language.

Thanks in advance for your help.

July 12, 2019 at 7:19 am #4195915

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

Welcome to our forum,

I will assist you with your issue.

The feature you are looking for is not available yet and there are no plans to add this feature to the ACFML plugin in the near future.

As you already understood from the notice the fields are connected with the original language and it is not possible to create separate fields for each language.

Alternatively, I would suggest considering ACF conditional fields for your requirements. However, this is a suggestion popped out of my mind, Unfortunately, I don't have any working example to help you better.

Kind regards
Raja