This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by vasiliyM 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
September 30, 2018 at 1:24 pm #2776536

vasiliyM

I am trying to make sign "For Artists" changed for German language. It is added to template with build-in customization form "Call-to" by html.

How can I change html or add php to fix it?

October 2, 2018 at 4:58 am #2780336

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. This field is usually translated following the steps below:

- Click on the WPML > String Translation
- At the end of the page, click on the "Translate texts in admin screens »" link
- Search for the desired strings to translate
-- Note that this option may be within a suboption. So look for the name of your theme/plugin as well. For example: "theme_mods_"
- Select the checkbox option
- At the end of the page, click on the "Apply" button
- Go to WPML > String Translation
- Make sure the string is available for translation

You can see more details in our documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/#admin_texts

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

October 2, 2018 at 3:13 pm #2782013

vasiliyM

Thank you, I've found it!

One more question - the same problem with translation of text inside Smart Slider slide. How to fix it?

October 3, 2018 at 2:00 pm #2784756

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Glad to hear that it now works. The "Smart Slide" is also done through the options you posted the screenshot above (Customize)?

If not, as the original issue is resolved may I kindly ask you please to open a new ticket for your new question? This will also help other users with similar problems find solutions when searching the forum.

Thank you.

October 3, 2018 at 2:27 pm #2784839

vasiliyM

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

October 5, 2018 at 8:03 am #2789816

vasiliyM

One issue - I did the same String Translation in another place of Template. All string were found and translated, but it does not work.

What could it be?