Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: custom widget strings that are not in Default english language can not be translated.

Solution: strings are only translatable via String Translation if original strings of widget are english.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by marcH-8 5 years ago.

Assigned support staff: Beda.

Author Posts
October 22, 2014 at 8:40 pm #497465

marcH-8

I am trying to: I want to translate the content of an iframe

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: the calendar under the Availability tab in English

Instead, I got: it in German

Now, in detail: I have an iframe in my pages that shows a calendar (availability calendar for a villa). I have this calendar only in German and I cannot change the content of the iframe. But I would like to show this content in different languages. Is this possible and if yes, HOW and which strings I have to activate for translation?
I upload two pictures. Picture 1 (screeen2.jpg) is showing the website with the opened tab and the calendar. screen1.jpg is showing the admin backend with the iframe code. I am using Visual Composer, latest version. How can I tell WPML to translate this iframe?
thanks.

October 23, 2014 at 11:02 am #497867

Beda
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch ) Italian (Italiano )

Hello Marc

If I understand it right, you want to translate a widget (calendar) that by default has non english strings.

This is not possible with WPML as all strings going to String Translation must be in English.
The reason is explained here:
http://wpml.org/faq/string-translation-default-language-not-english/

Please acknowledge that Developers are working on a feature that twill enable you to translate non english strings, but I can not state any release date for this new feature as it is up to the Developers when it will be ready.

Please correct me if I understood your question wrongly

Thank you.

October 23, 2014 at 12:01 pm #497958

marcH-8

ok, no problem. I will keep it as I have it now, with the translation of the german words on the right side. It's just the months of the calendar I cannot translate, but that's no problem... thanks anyway,