Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Rohan Sadanandan 1 year, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Rohan Sadanandan.

Author Posts
December 19, 2019 at 10:31 am

The Smalls

Hi, the last days i see that my home page in the second language is a duplicate from the main language.
Even though i click "translate independently" and change some texts and save, i find it again as "duplicate" and my changes are gone.

How can i fix it?

best regards,

December 19, 2019 at 11:28 am
December 19, 2019 at 1:05 pm #5163641

The Smalls

Hi, i found another page, that even though i duplicated, translated independently and saved, now i see it as duplicated again.

There also be other pages with that problem too. Why this happended and how can i find my old translated versions?

best regards

December 19, 2019 at 9:42 pm #5166639

mathieuB-26

Same problem happended for me, after WPML updated to the latest version.

December 20, 2019 at 1:08 pm #5170697

Rohan Sadanandan

Hello,

I can see that there is a version of the homepage in the trash: hidden link

Could you please delete the page from trash & check again?

Thanks,
Rohan

December 20, 2019 at 2:32 pm #5171179

The Smalls

Hi, i empty the trash and re-made the page.
It's saved for now, but that doesnt mean it will not happen again.
At a time (cant say when, didnt find a pattern) i find homepage or other pages to be duplicated. I loose my translated page and have to do it again.
The trashed post shouldnt be the problem, as there is another page that found to be duplicated (it wasnt before) that has no version in the trash. I re-translated the other page too, but what if it happens again? I cant loose my translations once in a while.

As at least one other user experience the same problem (as posted above), you must check and find the problem to the plugin.

Lately, other very significant errors came with the last updates, for example : https://wpml.org/errata/sorry-no-products-matched-your-selection-please-choose-a-different-combination-in-the-second-language-for-a-variable-product/

This error resulted to many lost product sells, as users using the secondary language couldnt buy at all most of our products. At the time a user reported the problem (many other just didnt buy and didnt inform us) and until you release a fix, there were a noticeable difference in sales for over a week.

You should be very careful when release new versions and you might tell the WPML team that these kind of mistakes lead to use other plugins in the future.

best regards,

December 20, 2019 at 8:09 pm #5172645

Rohan Sadanandan

Hello,

Happy to know that the issue is resolved.
Thank you for the valuable input.
Your suggestions are noted & we will definitely take care of this in the future.

I'm closing this ticket.
If you have any other issues you can open a new ticket.
We are always happy to help you.

Thanks,
Rohan