Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by francescG-6 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
May 6, 2020 at 6:28 am #6067037

francescG-6

Hi,

I want to translate the emails I send to my customers (the woocommerce automatic emails like "your order has been sent thanks for buying ...) I designed these emails with Kadence WooCommerce Email Designer plugin.
I would like to know which is the way to translate these emails.

In this forum (in the spanish forum) I found this article:
https://wpml.org/es/forums/topic/kadence-woocommerce-email-designer/

who talks about add some code (???)

Can you help me?

Thankss

Regards

Kiko

May 7, 2020 at 4:57 pm #6082747

Marcos Vinicios Barreto

Hello Kiko,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. According the mentioned ticket you need to paste the snippet of code below to the functions.php file of your active theme, here is the code:

add_filter( 'woocommerce_email_format_string', function ($string, $email) {
    $string1 =  apply_filters( 'wpml_translate_single_string', $string, 'admin_texts_woocommerce_customer_completed_order_settings', '[woocommerce_customer_completed_order_settings]heading' );
    $string2 =  apply_filters( 'wpml_translate_single_string', $string, 'admin_texts_woocommerce_customer_completed_order_settings', '[woocommerce_customer_completed_order_settings]subject' );

return $string;
}, 21, 2);

The same request was already made in this ticket: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/cant-translate-kadence-woocommerce-email-designer-string/ so I recommend to give a detailed look on it. If you still face issues after following the provided ticket instructions, please, let me know and we'll proceed with a detailed look for your particular case, have a nice day.

May 8, 2020 at 10:55 am #6087903

francescG-6

Hello,
Thanks for your reply

I am very lost
I can do (copy and paste) this code, no problem

The problem is I don't understand what I have to do exactly
I mean, in the configuration woocomerce> email
I have this (Attached images)
Do I have to write here? I have to click "translations"? If I click "translations" a new screen is opened but I did not understand anything (It's WPML>String translation)
Do I also have to copy / paste the code you showed me? (What is its function?)

I'm sorry I'm lost
Help

Regards

translateemail.jpg
translateemail2.jpg
May 8, 2020 at 5:47 pm #6090861

Marcos Vinicios Barreto

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I would need to check your settings myself before providing you with a more accurate reply and step by step instructions on how to proceed, for that, please consider:

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

Please, let me know if you need any additional details. Have a nice day.

May 10, 2020 at 10:01 am #6097627

francescG-6

Hi again

in the 2nd point:

I said:
I translate the products (catalan to spanish) with WPML
All is ok, all the the texts, menus, etc

But the word: "Format" doesn't translate to formato
I do it in wmpl but then it doesnt do it

Format is a name (nom) that I have created in product atributes, it's strange because the values (valors) they are been translated
but the name/title of atribut not
IT'S NOT TRUE - IT'S WORST - THE VALUES NOT TRANSLATED TOO

Thanks

May 10, 2020 at 10:53 am #6097787

francescG-6

Hi again again

Sorry
I 'm working, testing and i 'm watching:
I have this problem with Advanced Translation Editor (it doesnt appear)
with classic translation it appears atributes and values to translate
(and it appears another question, why with some products wpml opens tha advanced editor and for otther products wpml opens the classic editor??? In the configuration menu, it's selected the option Advanced Editor)
????

x1000 Thanks

Kiko

May 12, 2020 at 2:41 pm #6113977

Marcos Vinicios Barreto

Hello Kiko,

Thank you for the provided details. Let's proceed with an issue at a time, first we need to solve the WooCommerce emails issues, in order to investigate this issue further I would need to make some changes for your website, things such as disable plugins, entering custom codes and so on. Is it a test site where I can make changes or do you prefer to migrate it to our test server for the debugging process? Please, let me know, have a nice day.

May 12, 2020 at 8:07 pm #6116595

francescG-6

Hi,

I prefer if you migrate the web to your test server for 2 reasons:
- It's a client web
- The site now is hosted in a test space from my hosting server (Cdmon) (where I cannot send emails like woocommerce email orders)

In addition to these, I have been able to solve the second issue (translate format to formato)
(changing some options in WPML, then in string translations, then "format" appears in tha advanced editor)

Thanks for you help

Regards

Kiko

May 13, 2020 at 12:20 am #6117313

Marcos Vinicios Barreto

Hello,

Please, take a look at my previous private reply and let me know when the migration process is done. Thanks.

May 13, 2020 at 2:50 pm #6123475

francescG-6

Hi

I did it
The migration process is done

Thankssss

May 14, 2020 at 7:04 pm #6135759

Marcos Vinicios Barreto

Hello Kiko,

Thank you for the updates. I took a look at this issue in the migrated website, and here is how to proceed:

1 - Your email content should be entered at your WordPress Dashboard > WooCommerce > Email Customizer in order to use the email templates provided by Kadence instead of using the default WooCommerce content;

2 - Then you can translate the default fields such as (Subject, Heading, Additional Content) from your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > String Translation from the text domain 'admin_texts_woocommerce_customer_*' for example 'admin_texts_woocommerce_customer_completed_order_settings';

Note: If you still see any missing field provided by WooCommerce then you can register it following these steps: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/ you should be able to find all these fields named as 'woocommerce_customer_*'

3 - All the other extra fields added by Kadence such as (Subtitle, Body, etc) should be translated at your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > String Translation from the 'admin_texts_kt_woomail' text domain;

I tested it in the migrated website and it works properly, If I make a test purchase in the catalan language I get a catalan email, if in spanish I get a spanish email, which should be the expected behavior.

Please, let me know if it helps to solve your issue, have a nice day.

May 15, 2020 at 9:43 am #6139683

francescG-6

Hi,

100000000000000xthanks

It's solved

Now it's running perfectly

I think wpml support is free, but if i have to pay anything for your help i can undestand it, tell me.

Muito obrigado pela sua ajuda, eu souzinho nao teria sido capaz de arrumar este negocio
estaba ficando feo pra caramba!!! hahaha
Valeu

May 15, 2020 at 1:08 pm #6141103

Marcos Vinicios Barreto

Hello,

Thank you for the updates, I am glad it works now. Please, don't hesitate in contacting us whenever you need our assistance, have a nice day.

May 18, 2020 at 8:12 am #6155607

francescG-6

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!
Muito obrigadoooo

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.