This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by reneV-19 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
July 9, 2019 at 4:38 pm #4173163

reneV-19

I would like to translate the logo in my header. Im using the Uncode theme.

I search on the forums for a solution. Mostly it send me to the direction of the stringtranslations but there I can not find my logo to translate.

I would like that when the visitor is on my english website (Dutch is standard) and when they click on the logo that they stay on the english version.

Websitelink: hidden link

July 9, 2019 at 7:36 pm #4174089

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

Please, let me know if you need any additional details. Have a nice day.

July 10, 2019 at 6:03 pm #4183505

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Please, take a look at my private reply above. Thanks.

July 11, 2019 at 5:28 pm #4192365

reneV-19

Hello,

My last problem I had exactly the same procedure to follow. That cost me so much time and eventually I know already the answer. The answer is that the problem don't acquire at your testserver.

So the solution is to add all my content again manually new but thats a hell of a job?

Are there not any other solutions to detect the problem?

July 11, 2019 at 7:30 pm #4192875

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. It is a simple compatibility test, no need to replicate your entire website in the sandbox test environment, instead you just need to:

1 - Setup two sample languages using the WPML wizard.
2 - Upload your theme.
3 - Upload a logo.

All the investigation process is done by us, so no need to dig into settings and posts/pages, etc. Please, let me know if you need any other details regarding it. Have a nice day.

July 12, 2019 at 7:11 am #4195717

reneV-19

Allright. I did that. There the logo automatically works fine, without that I had to translate the logo. Cheers

July 12, 2019 at 6:54 pm #4201195

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I took a look at the sandbox environment and it works properly indeed. In your case, most likely a third party plugin is preventing it from working as it should, please, try the following:

1 - Disable all the plugins except the WPML related ones and those directly related to your theme such as page builders and theme addons.

2 - Activate one plugin at a time untill the culprit one is found.

IMPORTANT: Please, note, a backup is required for security reasons and to avoid any data loss, you can use the https://wordpress.org/plugins/backupwordpress/ plugin for these backup needs.

Please, let me know the results. Have a nice day.

July 13, 2019 at 12:50 pm #4203459

reneV-19

I did it.

The following plug-in creates the problem: Responsive Menu

July 15, 2019 at 6:03 pm #4213945

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I tested the free version of this plugin in a sandbox environment and couldn't reproduce the issue, also it is listed as compatible in our plugin compatibility list at: https://wpml.org/plugin/responsive-menu/. So, in this case a test with the pro version should be needed in order to confirm this compatibility issue and if it is confirmed I will forward this ticket to our compatibility team for further analysis. Can you please, upload the Responsive Menu Pro to the previous provided sandbox environment? Thank you for your collaboration, have a nice day.

July 16, 2019 at 9:03 am #4217987

reneV-19

I added the premium version: hidden link

There is the same problem. Because in the settings of Responsive Menu Pro I add in the tab Header Bar the following link at Link: hidden link

That should be translate to hidden link

July 16, 2019 at 2:42 pm #4221163

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I transaled the logo link via String Translation and now it seems to be working properly, here are the steps I followed in your website:

1 - In your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > String Translation I chose the 'Responsive Menu Pro' text domain to translate its content.

2 - I changed the default language of these strings to dutch since the original content entered in the Responsive Menu options are in dutch.

3 - Then, I translated the 'header_bar_logo_link' option to english.

You can see the results of the steps above at: hidden link

See: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

Please, let me know if you need any additional assistance and details. Have a nice day.

July 16, 2019 at 3:39 pm #4221949

reneV-19

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!