Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by triloks 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
April 3, 2020 at 12:32 pm #5831805

triloks

Tell us what you are trying to do?
when i go to transte link targets. it scan around 190000 pending to link and if i process it stuck in mid. Is there anything worg. Its takes more then day but later it stud in mid.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
i am following option given in setting and click to scan.
Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

hidden link

April 6, 2020 at 6:04 am #5844557

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve the issue.

Please upgrade the following configuration for the better performance of the site after a full site backup. Then check the issue is existing or not.

1) Increase the *MaxInputVars* of PHP settings to *10000*. Please check the following article for more details or contact your system admin/hosting provider for this purpose.

hidden link

2) Increase the maximum execution time to 300 seconds from 90 seconds. Please check the following link for more details.

hidden link

If the issue exists, please share with me the WordPress debug.log (not WPML debug information). Visit this page for instructions https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings 
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
@ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

In this case, the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the */wp-content/* directory. Please do the steps to reproduce the bug and check you are getting any errors or warning related to WPML in the log file.

If you can paste your debug.log to http://pastebin.com/index.php and provide me that link it would be great! (This is the cleanest way because sometimes the logs are long and create a complete mess of discussion).

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 12, 2020 at 5:01 pm #5892565

triloks

Please find some of error that i got. My issue is that i have 2 lakh translate link that do not complete even it takes days.

[connection_failed] => <strong>Could not connect to deliciousbrains.com</strong> — You will not receive update notifications or be able to activate your license until this is fixed.</p><p>This issue is often caused by an improperly configured SSL server (https). We recommend <a href="<em><u>hidden link</u></em>" target="_blank">fixing the SSL configuration on your server</a>, but if you need a quick fix you can:<p><a href="<em><u>hidden link</u></em>" class="temporarily-disable-ssl button">Temporarily disable SSL for connections to deliciousbrains.com</a></p>
)

[12-Apr-2020 16:52:05 UTC] WordPress database error Table 'marothjewels_marothco.a' doesn't exist for query SELECT a.action_id FROM  a WHERE a.hook='action_scheduler/migration_hook' AND a.status='in-progress' ORDER BY scheduled_date_gmt DESC LIMIT 1 made by shutdown_action_hook, do_action('shutdown'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, Action_Scheduler\Migration\Controller->schedule_migration, Action_Scheduler\Migration\Scheduler->is_migration_scheduled, as_next_scheduled_action, ActionScheduler_HybridStore->find_action, ActionScheduler_DBStore->find_action, QM_DB->query
[12-Apr-2020 16:52:05 UTC] WordPress database error Table 'marothjewels_marothco.a' doesn't exist for query SELECT a.action_id FROM  a WHERE a.hook='action_scheduler/migration_hook' AND a.status='pending' ORDER BY scheduled_date_gmt ASC LIMIT 1 made by shutdown_action_hook, do_action('shutdown'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, Action_Scheduler\Migration\Controller->schedule_migration, Action_Scheduler\Migration\Scheduler->is_migration_scheduled, as_next_scheduled_action, ActionScheduler_HybridStore->find_action, ActionScheduler_DBStore->find_action, QM_DB->query
[12-Apr-2020 16:52:05 UTC] WordPress database error Table 'marothjewels_marothco.a' doesn't exist for query SELECT a.action_id FROM  a WHERE a.hook='action_scheduler/migration_hook' AND a.status='in-progress' ORDER BY scheduled_date_gmt DESC LIMIT 1 made by shutdown_action_hook, do_action('shutdown'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, Action_Scheduler\Migration\Controller->schedule_migration, Action_Scheduler\Migration\Scheduler->schedule_migration, as_next_scheduled_action, ActionScheduler_HybridStore->find_action, ActionScheduler_DBStore->find_action, QM_DB->query
[12-Apr-2020 16:52:05 UTC] WordPress database error Table 'marothjewels_marothco.a' doesn't exist for query SELECT a.action_id FROM  a WHERE a.hook='action_scheduler/migration_hook' AND a.status='pending' ORDER BY scheduled_date_gmt ASC LIMIT 1 made by shutdown_action_hook, do_action('shutdown'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, Action_Scheduler\Migration\Controller->schedule_migration, Action_Scheduler\Migration\Scheduler->schedule_migration, as_next_scheduled_action, ActionScheduler_HybridStore->find_action, ActionScheduler_DBStore->find_action, QM_DB->query
[12-Apr-2020 16:52:05 UTC] WordPress database error You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE slug='action-scheduler-migration'' at line 1 for query SELECT group_id FROM  WHERE slug='action-scheduler-migration' made by shutdown_action_hook, do_action('shutdown'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, Action_Scheduler\Migration\Controller->schedule_migration, Action_Scheduler\Migration\Scheduler->schedule_migration, as_schedule_single_action, ActionScheduler_ActionFactory->single, ActionScheduler_ActionFactory->store, ActionScheduler_HybridStore->save_action, ActionScheduler_DBStoreMigrator->save_action, ActionScheduler_DBStore->save_action, ActionScheduler_DBStore->get_group_id, QM_DB->query
[12-Apr-2020 16:52:05 UTC] WordPress database error Incorrect table name '' for query SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM `` made by shutdown_action_hook, do_action('shutdown'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, Action_Scheduler\Migration\Controller->schedule_migration, Action_Scheduler\Migration\Scheduler->schedule_migration, as_schedule_single_action, ActionScheduler_ActionFactory->single, ActionScheduler_ActionFactory->store, ActionScheduler_HybridStore->save_action, ActionScheduler_DBStoreMigrator->save_action, ActionScheduler_DBStore->save_action, ActionScheduler_DBStore->get_group_id, ActionScheduler_DBStore->create_group, QM_DB->query
[12-Apr-2020 16:52:37 UTC] WordPress database error Table 'marothjewels_marothco.a' doesn't exist for query SELECT a.action_id FROM  a WHERE a.hook='action_scheduler/migration_hook' AND a.status='in-progress' ORDER BY scheduled_date_gmt DESC LIMIT 1 made by shutdown_action_hook, do_action('shutdown'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, Action_Scheduler\Migration\Controller->schedule_migration, Action_Scheduler\Migration\Scheduler->is_migration_scheduled, as_next_scheduled_action, ActionScheduler_HybridStore->find_action, ActionScheduler_DBStore->find_action, QM_DB->query
[12-Apr-2020 16:52:37 UTC] WordPress database error Table 'marothjewels_marothco.a' doesn't exist for query SELECT a.action_id FROM  a WHERE a.hook='action_scheduler/migration_hook' AND a.status='pending' ORDER BY scheduled_date_gmt ASC LIMIT 1 made by shutdown_action_hook, do_action('shutdown'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, Action_Scheduler\Migration\Controller->schedule_migration, Action_Scheduler\Migration\Scheduler->is_migration_scheduled, as_next_scheduled_action, ActionScheduler_HybridStore->find_action, ActionScheduler_DBStore->find_action, QM_DB->query
[12-Apr-2020 16:52:37 UTC] WordPress database error Table 'marothjewels_marothco.a' doesn't exist for query SELECT a.action_id FROM  a WHERE a.hook='action_scheduler/migration_hook' AND a.status='in-progress' ORDER BY scheduled_date_gmt DESC LIMIT 1 made by shutdown_action_hook, do_action('shutdown'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, Action_Scheduler\Migration\Controller->schedule_migration, Action_Scheduler\Migration\Scheduler->schedule_migration, as_next_scheduled_action, ActionScheduler_HybridStore->find_action, ActionScheduler_DBStore->find_action, QM_DB->query
[12-Apr-2020 16:52:37 UTC] WordPress database error Table 'marothjewels_marothco.a' doesn't exist for query SELECT a.action_id FROM  a WHERE a.hook='action_scheduler/migration_hook' AND a.status='pending' ORDER BY scheduled_date_gmt ASC LIMIT 1 made by shutdown_action_hook, do_action('shutdown'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, Action_Scheduler\Migration\Controller->schedule_migration, Action_Scheduler\Migration\Scheduler->schedule_migration, as_next_scheduled_action, ActionScheduler_HybridStore->find_action, ActionScheduler_DBStore->find_action, QM_DB->query
[12-Apr-2020 16:52:37 UTC] WordPress database error You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE slug='action-scheduler-migration'' at line 1 for query SELECT group_id FROM  WHERE slug='action-scheduler-migration' made by shutdown_action_hook, do_action('shutdown'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, Action_Scheduler\Migration\Controller->schedule_migration, Action_Scheduler\Migration\Scheduler->schedule_migration, as_schedule_single_action, ActionScheduler_ActionFactory->single, ActionScheduler_ActionFactory->store, ActionScheduler_HybridStore->save_action, ActionScheduler_DBStoreMigrator->save_action, ActionScheduler_DBStore->save_action, ActionScheduler_DBStore->get_group_id, QM_DB->query
[12-Apr-2020 16:52:37 UTC] WordPress database error Incorrect table name '' for query SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM `` made by shutdown_action_hook, do_action('shutdown'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, Action_Scheduler\Migration\Controller->schedule_migration, Action_Scheduler\Migration\Scheduler->schedule_migration, as_schedule_single_action, ActionScheduler_ActionFactory->single, ActionScheduler_ActionFactory->store, ActionScheduler_HybridStore->save_action, ActionScheduler_DBStoreMigrator->save_action, ActionScheduler_DBStore->save_action, ActionScheduler_DBStore->get_group_id, ActionScheduler_DBStore->create_group, QM_DB->query
April 13, 2020 at 8:22 am #5894933

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates and debug log. But the Debug log errors are not related to WPML and *Translate Link Targets* action will be processing as a batch so it will take time if we have too many links. Therefore please let me know the following details for tracking the issue.

1) The Debug log errors indicating migration tasks. So have you scheduled a migration during the *Translate Link Targets* action

2) Are you having a shared hosting plan? Which hosting service you are using now?

3) Please check you are getting any JavaScript error in the browser console when the process stuck

4) Please WPML>>Languages>>Language filtering for AJAX operations and make sure *Store a language cookie to support language filtering for AJAX* option is enabled

5) I hope you have upgraded the MaxInputVars and Maximum execution time for the site

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 15, 2020 at 6:16 pm #5916335

triloks

1) The Debug log errors indicating migration tasks. So have you scheduled a migration during the *Translate Link Targets* action
ANS. Yes recently we have upgraded the server.
2) Are you having a shared hosting plan? Which hosting service you are using now?
We are using 12 gb vps hosting.
3) Please check you are getting any JavaScript error in the browser console when the process stuck
I am not getting any error. Why link showing 200k and even its showing error.

4) Please WPML>>Languages>>Language filtering for AJAX operations and make sure *Store a language cookie to support language filtering for AJAX* option is enabled
Yes, it is enabled.
5) I hope you have upgraded the MaxInputVars and Maximum execution time for the site
Yes, i have max input and maximum execution.

We need to solve this link issue and it is a huge amount of link.

April 16, 2020 at 6:52 am #5919251

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup. I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking.

Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

hidden link

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 16, 2020 at 6:53 am #5919255

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Please check my last reply. I have enabled the private information option for your next reply. Please share the site credentials after a full site backup.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 18, 2020 at 10:21 am #5938255

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates and login information. WPML settings look okay in a first look. We would like to do a few troubleshooting steps to track the issue. Therefore I would like to know do you have a staging site(a clone copy of the live site). Because it will help us to debug the issue without affecting your live site.

Please share more about the following for a better understanding. Does it happen with all the translated Pages and Posts? Which tools you are using for the performance analysis.

I have checked that my translated page more than 15 seconds to load and so some tools showing error.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 18, 2020 at 10:26 am #5938293
triloks

Translate Link Targets
I do not have dummy sites. you can copy the website if you want. can test with local server.

I have used semrush and neilpatel both tools that showing some page taking more time to load. neilpatel tools crawl 1000 page and always showing loading issue in 550 something url.

New threads created by Bigul and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/my-translated-page-takes-more-than-15-seconds-to-load/

April 18, 2020 at 4:24 pm #5939739

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates and permission. I made a copy of the site using Duplicator plugin, will check it further on our local server and get back to you soon. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 20, 2020 at 4:41 pm #5951689

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

I have tried a few rounds of testing on my local copy and getting the expected result after the following steps. At first, it was only showing 343 links to process and then it turns to 13712 links. It got stuck in between three times(after processing almost 12000) during my checking and browser console was showing a JavaScript error.

But it works as normal when the WPML Sticky Links plugin is inactive. It took around three hours in my local copy to complete the process after clicking the *Scan now and adjust links* button. So please try it after a full site backup and let me know your feedback.

1) Upgrade to the latest version of Urna Core
2) Go to WooCommerce>>WooCommerce Multilingual>>Categories
3) Select *Hierarchy Synchronization* tab and update the taxonomy hierarchy
4) Go to WPML>>Support page
5) Click on Troubleshooting link (blue link in the middle of the page)
6) In the Troubleshooting page, please click on the following options of the *Clean up* section. Wait for confirmation of processing after each one.

- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information
- Fix WPML tables collation
- Assign translation status to duplicated content
- Fix terms count
- Fix post type assignment
- Cleanup and optimize string tables

7) Deactivate WPML Sticky Links plugins
8) Clear all types of caches. Please check the attached images for more details.

Please note, I have opened a new ticket for the translated page loading issue. Because as per our support policies, we can only handle one issue per ticket. It will help us to serve you better and we can avoid discussing multiple problems in one ticket. Also, it will help other users with similar problems find solutions when searching the forum. I will get back to you soon on the new ticket. Please wait. Thank you for your understanding.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

2020-04-20_0246.png
2020-04-20_0244.png
2020-04-20_0029.png
2020-04-19_2337.png
2020-04-19_2255.png
2020-04-19_2226.png
2020-04-19_1612.png
2020-04-19_1558_001.png
2020-04-19_1558.png
April 25, 2020 at 12:47 pm #5992381

triloks

Please find below a snapshot of the process.
It is stuck and i tried two times.
hidden link

April 26, 2020 at 9:54 am #5995523

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. We have released a new version of WPML(4.3.12). So please try the following steps after a full site backup and make sure the issue is existing or not.

1) Upgrade to the latest version of WPML
2) Clear all types of caches
3) Visit WPML>>Settings>>Translate Link Targets
4) Click the *Scan now and adjust links* button

If the issue is existing, please check you are getting any error in the server error log while having this error. Because there may be a chance for conflict with the server configurations. May you have to contact the hosting provider to get the server error log data.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 28, 2020 at 4:36 am #6007987

triloks

I have removed the cache plugin and i tried and its reaching to 4790 and it stopped the count.

I have checked error but there is no error showing.

April 28, 2020 at 3:57 pm #6013985

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I will consult about this with our second-tier team for the expert opinion and get back to you soon. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul