This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by kellyC-6 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
September 2, 2019 at 3:30 pm #4498299

kellyC-6

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Spanish menu not translating. (the titles translate below when scrolling, but up at the top menu bar, they do not translate).
English --> Spanish:
About --> La Propiedad
Details --> Detalles
Photos --> Fotos
Video --> Video
Testimonials --> Testimonios
Map --> Mapa
Contact Us --> Contáctenos

Is there any documentation that you are following? Youtube video of translating the menu, but in my case, the menu doesn't show each part of it

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site? hidden link

September 2, 2019 at 4:08 pm #4498869

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

- Could you please make sure you have followed our step by step guide for menu translation:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-menus/

- Please make sure your theme is WPML compatible. Here is our compatible theme list. You can search your theme in this list. https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility

- Please clear all sort of caches in your site plugin cache / CDN cache (if any) / browser cache and then see if it resolves the issue afterwards.

- Please check for a possible theme and plugin conflict. To do that you can switch back to any default theme (e.g. Twenty Seventeen theme), Disable all plugins except WPML and see if this issue goes away with default theme and only WPML activated?

Thank you

September 2, 2019 at 4:33 pm #4499143

kellyC-6

Hi, thanks for the quick response.
In therms of compatibility, the site you sent indicates "Has known issues, Tested by WPML team" for the Houzez theme (real estate, Favethemes). I am not sure if those known issues include the navigator theme.
I have reviewed the video and documentation of the site you sent. The issue is that it is a one page theme, and I cannot drag over the sections of the page, or do a copy paste of the navigation in English to repeat in Spanish. If I could have the copy of english menu in the Spanish section I believe I could simple translate the text, but I cannot create the menu in Spanish.
It is now working in English, but completely blank in Spanish. thanks for your help

September 3, 2019 at 8:33 am #4502001

Noman
Supporter

Hi,

To take a closer look on this issue, please provide temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP Login info) to your site, so that I can look into your setup and debug the issue.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

Thank you

September 4, 2019 at 8:57 am #4509483

Noman
Supporter

Hi,

I have logged in to your site and translated Spanish menu by following below doc:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-menus/#translate-custom-links

And now it looks as in the attached screenshot. Could you please check and confirm?

Thank you

September 4, 2019 at 2:58 pm #4512369

kellyC-6

Thank you so much!!! I really appreciate it your help!!!