This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
August 14, 2019 at 11:09 am #4394451

josuaB

We have users that are not able to access wp-admin. Instead, they have a custom user page where they can edit their information.
Some of that information is created via ACF - and added to the page via rules (if user form is any).
The data is saved under the user's "post id" (user_{userID}), using update_field($key, $value, 'user_'.$user_id).

Their "public" profile page displays the information in those fields using get_field($key, 'user_'.$user_id).

However, we need users to be able to write translated versions of the data - so that their profile page can be available in multiple languages.

We were hoping that the ACFML plugin would allow us to do this, but even with the fields set as "translate", it seems that we're always saving the data in the "default" language (again, we're using update_field) - and always getting the data in the default language (via get_field).

We've done it with fields that are linked to a post-type, by getting the translated post ID, but users do not seem to have translations in that way.
All the examples we've been able to find re: multilingual ACF pages are related to post/page ACF fields, and not user ACF fields, so we're a bit stuck on how to do this - especially since we're not looking to do it via string translations.

August 14, 2019 at 7:25 pm #4397181

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues. Please share with me the following details to track the issue.

a) Please let me know the steps to reproduce the issue on your site. It will be great if you can share a couple of screenshots for a better understanding of the issue.

b) I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking. Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup.

Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

hidden link

--
Thanks!

Bigul

August 16, 2019 at 7:52 am #4405261

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the details. I have a doubt. How you are managing the Account settings pages. Because it shows an error in German translation. Please check the attached image.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

August 16, 2019 at 8:14 am #4405365

josuaB

Hi again,

That's because the sidebar menu has not been translated into German yet - the sidebar menu is created with a custom field group (Settings - Page account), and created/edited on the "My account page" (Kontoindstillinger).

August 16, 2019 at 3:41 pm #4407321

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I can reproduce the issue on your site. Please check the attached images.

Now you are using the older version of WPML, WooCommerce and ACF plugins. So please upgrade to the latest versions after a full site backup and make sure the issue is existing or not.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

The topic ‘[Closed] Translate/multilingual ACF user fields’ is closed to new replies.