This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 5.33 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The portfolio featured images are missing in the secondary languages.

Solution:

It happens when you forget to check the option 'Duplicate featured images to translations' in the post editing screen. When it happens it is possible to bulk duplicate the featured images to translation this way:

1 - Go to your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Settings > Media Translation make sure all the options are checked and click the blue 'start' button.

2 - Wait the whole process and you should be done.

Relevant Documentation:

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/media-translation/

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ka-lun-karenC 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
July 4, 2019 at 6:11 pm

ka-lun-karenC

I am trying to: translate my portfolio page

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: media content (thumbnail of the portfolio page), portfolio tag and title

Instead, I got: only portfolio tag and title even after i have added the theme portfolio list to my shortcode

July 5, 2019 at 12:16 am #4146559

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I took a detailed look in your website and could confirm the issue, it happens because you forgot to check the 'Duplicate featured image to translations' setting in your individual portfolio items of your default language (see attached image). In order to fix it, please, proceed this way:

1 - Go to your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Settings > Media Translation make sure all the options are checked and click the blue 'start' button.

2 - Wait the whole process and you should be done.

Please, let me know if it helps, have a nice day.

July 5, 2019 at 6:05 am #4147851

ka-lun-karenC

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!