This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by galinH 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
May 25, 2019 at 5:18 pm #3889715

galinH

Hello,
I've been trying to translate the products on my Woocommerce shop but unfortunately I can't. My products' images have Bulgarian language and I want to translate it into English and Russian. I duplicate the products but I also duplicate the media files and I cannot change it later. There is a lock icon and a text that says I cannot change it.
I have already made the images into English and Russian and I don't particularly need media translation.

Could you please tell me how to do it?

May 27, 2019 at 6:06 am #3893593

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

From your post, it seems like you have duplicated the product using the WPML duplicate feature, Correct me if I am wrong. if that is the case, please make sure you have clicked the Translate independently button in the languages section (refer screenshot) this will enable you to edit the translation and the images as well.

Please go to WPML > Settings > Media Translation select the option
[X}: Translate existing media in all languages and click start
Wait for the process to complete. Once done check if you can change the product images for the translation.

Please let me know the results

Kind regards
Raja

May 30, 2019 at 3:46 pm #3924447

galinH

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!