This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Diego Pereira 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
May 6, 2019 at 2:51 pm #3750169

jurgenR

I am trying to:
Translate a CTP called Products and I want to translate from German to English.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:
Custom fields on the product page are not copied from the parent page. Only when I select COPY. But I do not want the fields to stay in sync with the original page. I want the data once and be able to adjust the words

Instead, I got:
Empty fields. The fields are only poppulated when I select COPY. Not Copy Once

May 6, 2019 at 2:57 pm #3750199

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @jurgenr, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

Are you using a plugin to create these custom fields? What is the name of the plugin? Is this a repeater field?

This is our documentation related to custom fields: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-custom-fields/

Which editor are you using to translate the posts (translation editor or manual editor)? Please note that when the fields are set as "copy once", they will not be displayed on the translation editor (only on manual editor).

All the best,
Diego

The topic ‘[Closed] Translate once not working like it should be?’ is closed to new replies.