This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by juanM-2 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Vuk.

Author Posts
October 6, 2018 at 7:17 am #2792523

juanM-2

I use your plugin to translate my site, but I have seen that to do it, I have to duplicate all the pages, and the truth is that this is not what I would like.

I would like somehow to have the texts in Spanish and English in some file, and according to the user language load one language or another.

It is possible to do it with this pluging.

Thank you

October 8, 2018 at 8:47 am #2795140

Vuk
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Belgrade (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

It is not possible to load translations for pages and posts via file.
Thing you are referring to is possible only with hard coded strings in themes, plugins and WP itself.

Warm regards

October 8, 2018 at 9:18 am #2795255

juanM-2

Ok, thanks.... but then is mandatory to duplicate all pages I want to be translated? It's true I say load the texts from file, but is not exactly what I want to say... I want to have only one page in my WP and it load the languages texts.

October 8, 2018 at 12:08 pm #2795927

Vuk
Supporter

It depends where the data is coming from. If those are hardcoded theme/plugin strings, than it is perfectly translatable via file.

You can share your site credentials in the boxes provided, so I can take a look and tell you more precise how to proceed.
NOTE: Make sure you do complete site backup before sharing.

Warm regards

October 8, 2018 at 3:05 pm #2796536

Vuk
Supporter

If you are talking about home page, than no. You must have different pages per language if you want different content.

I understand what you are asking exactly since this home has everything embedded in the theme template files.

You could try and set "Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language" in WPML > Setting for pages, but than all pages would behave that way.

October 8, 2018 at 3:09 pm #2796560

juanM-2

Ok, what I want is don't have different content in the home, only different language. I don't want if I change one photo in it have to change it in all home pages of diferents language, but maybe it's not possible

October 9, 2018 at 7:26 am #2798548

Vuk
Supporter

Than you can duplicate content and have same content on all languages.
When image is set on default language it will be automatically adjusted in others too.

October 10, 2018 at 6:13 am #2803062

juanM-2

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!