This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 10.01 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dennis 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Dennis.

Author Posts
May 21, 2019 at 3:31 pm #3856645

giovanniB-19

Tell us what you are trying to do?

i am trying to translate a page that is embedded in my wordpress as a shortcode.
the page i am trying to translate is the vendor dashboard from the "WC marketplace" plugin, open by the link in the woocommerce dashboard. see pic.
can you explain how to do it?
thanks

Is there a similar example that we can see?
Please check pics attached

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

May 22, 2019 at 2:00 am #3859705

Dennis
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Manila (GMT+08:00)

Hi,

Welcome to WPML Support forum.

Please translate the vendor dashboard by clicking the + icon on the language metabox on the page edit screen. In the translation editor screen, just copy the shortcode and save.

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/#translating-without-wpmls-translation-management

To can also edit the plugin string translation at WPML > String Translation. The string should be under 'dc-woocommerce-multi-vendor' text domain. To make sure that all strings are registered to string translation, please scan your plugin for strings at WPML > Theme and plugins localization page.

I hope this helps. If you have questions, please let me know.

Kind regards,
Dennis

May 23, 2019 at 2:20 pm #3876577

giovanniB-19

ok thanks. that helps. However, before with loco translator i was able to translate even the default language, in this case English. but when i translate the String, i cannot do it.
For example, for the purpose of my website, the "Vendor" string is translated in "Chef" in both languages, but it appears still as default in the English version. see pic attached.

I also tried to translate the message under the woocommerce registration form without any success.
Thanks
giovanni

May 24, 2019 at 6:16 am #3881369

Dennis
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Manila (GMT+08:00)

Hi,

Glad to hear that it helps. As the original issue of this thread is resolved, may I kindly ask you to please to open a new ticket for your next question?

As per our support policies, we can only handle one issue per ticket. It will help us to serve you better and we can avoid discussing multiple problems in one ticket. This will also help other users with similar problems find solutions when searching the forum.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards,
Dennis