This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Vasileios Chouliaras 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
September 25, 2019 at 10:13 am #4637801

Vasileios Chouliaras

hi, when i go to : wpml->string translation->Translate texts in admin screens and select an option of ta plugin and click apply, i cannot then find it in string translation.
When i go again to wpml->string translation->Translate texts in admin screens i see the option unchecked

the plugin is Payment Gateway Based Fees and Discounts for WooCommerce and the option i'm trying to translate is : alg_gateways_fees_text_eurobank_gateway (value: Pay with your Credit card and earn 10% on your order!)

best regards,

September 25, 2019 at 11:58 am #4638455

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Could you please follow below steps and let me know how it goes?
1. In most cases a string is not fully enabled and this is due to too many options being saved at once on that page. To fix this issue, please increase MaxInputVars to 20000 or more. For this, please try to set this variable in your php.ini:

max_input_vars = 20000;
suhosin.post.max_vars = 20000;
suhosin.request.max_vars = 20000;

You may need to contact your hosting provider to set them.

2. After increasing max_input_vars value you need to tick all the required strings from WPML >> String Translations >> (at the bottom of page) “Translate texts in admin screens” >> and click on “Apply” button.

3. Then please go to WPML >> String Translation and you will see newly enabled values at the top of the page and ready for translation, add the translation for those strings and check Translation is complete checkbox and press the Save button.

4. To check the minimum MaxInputVars value required to save the page, please follow this doc:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/#resolving-issues-with-maxinputvars-value

5. If still issue persists, then you can enable string translation by adding below XML:

<wpml-config>
   <admin-texts>
                    <key name="alg_gateways_fees_text_eurobank_gateway" />
    </admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

In WPML >> Settings >> Custom XML Configuration section and then follow Step 3.

Thank you

September 25, 2019 at 12:17 pm #4638631

Vasileios Chouliaras

My issue is resolved now. I had to increase MaxInputVars to 20000. Thank you!