This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
July 19, 2019 at 9:39 am #4245397

adrianG-8

I am trying to: Translate a post template (Template type: single) in Elementor with WPML.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: It is on a local website so I'm not sure if I can somehow link to it.

I expected to see: The template to pull information from the Dutch translation of ACF and fill out the information in the template as I set it to do the same way as I set the original (in English, which does work).

Instead, I got: The Dutch Template only shows 2 of the 5 ACFs I set for the template and the other 3 simply do not show up in the Dutch translation.

I tried setting up another translation into Japanese but that one gave me the following error: The Content Area Was Not Found in Your Page, and so I haven't been able to see if the same happens for that translation.

I've gone through several searches and fixes but nothing seems to help the issue. One time I got it to show up but it was in English for some reason and I haven't been able to reproduce that since.

Thanks in advance

July 19, 2019 at 4:24 pm #4247493

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

1.- Please visit this links where you will find the steps to follow in order to translate sites build with Elementor and Advaced Custom Fields:
- https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/
- https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/

2.- Please increase the PHP Memory Limit. Minimum requirements are 128Mb: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
You can add this to wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M' );

- Add it above the line /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Kind regards,
Carlos

July 22, 2019 at 2:58 am #4253535

adrianG-8

Hi Carlos,

I have followed the steps for Elementor and ACF as well as increased the PHP Memory Limit however the issue remains.
I have already translated the 3 fields that are missing and I can see them in the Dashboard but they are simply not showing up in the Dutch translation when I preview the page.

*update*
I created a new Template to see where it goes wrong. I created a new one in English with ACF and applied that to all posts. It exists of a featured image, post title and four ACFs. Then I pressed the "+" to add a Dutch translation. However the heading text is not displayed as I replaced them all by Dynamics (in Elementor). Therefore translating that text doesn't make a difference. However what I did not realise is that I cannot translate any text in the Dutch translation of template itself using "Edit with Elementor". What I did in the previous template was create label "Country: " in the template while editing with elementor (see image). When I switched to the Dutch version I changed this to the Dutch translation "Land: ". That's when that field stopped working.

I realise now that it is probably not possible to do like that. Is there another way to show the ACF field label in front of the text?

Kind regards

July 22, 2019 at 11:54 am #4256849

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hi there,
Thank you very much for your message.

Have you tried to manually translate the post? In this case you need to switch languages in the admin menu at the top and then click on the 'Edit anyways' button.

Regards,
Carlos