Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 27 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 6 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
November 9, 2021 at 3:37 pm #9957755

andreaB-8

Here is my product page in Italian version
hidden link

I need to create EN version with all options
For Post and Pages you wrote me to use Translation Management

hidden link

But result is missed

hidden link

I can't translate with elementor and I don't see customizations.

Can you tell me how to do?

November 9, 2021 at 6:23 pm #9959015

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

While you are waiting for one of my colleagues to take this ticket and work on it, let me provide you with first debugging steps or if I can perhaps help with the issue quickly.

Please check this link to see how to translate products: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/#translating-products

If it does not work, could you please describe what happens when you try the "Translating Products Yourself" option?

PS: To ensure the quickest and most accurate support, please provide your debug information so that I can get a look at some of your configurations. We have an excellent article on how to located here: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/.

NOTE:
Please be sure to check the box to indicate you can provide debug info and paste your debug info in the debug field provided, and NOT in the general response field.

November 9, 2021 at 10:47 pm #9960167

andreaB-8

Thanks for your reply but your colleague told me to use Translatation Management in WPML area... and not go in Products area (under WooCommerce) and click on +.
Can you tell me exactly what to do? I need to translate all products using Elementor and changing only text... as you can see I've even a lot of options for every product.

November 10, 2021 at 2:52 pm #9967099

andreaB-8

Please can you reply me? I need to translate ASAP all products.
Thanks

November 11, 2021 at 9:21 am #9972321

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I´ll be helping you.

I was unable to view the product on the frontend as it appears the site has maintenance plugin activated.

1. ) Temporary Access to your system
Please provide access to your system (wp-admin and ftp) so that I can further investigate this particular problem. The fields to provide this data are included in a private section that I will open for your next response. You can find it above the comments area. The information in this private section is only visible between WPML Support and you.

2. There are several ways to translate post types. For products the RECOMMENDED way is to use the Wooocommerce > Woocommerce Multilingual > Products. dashboard.
But you can do manual translation from the WordPress editor if needed as well.

When you write back, it would be helpful to upload some screenshots of the areas that are missing so I can focus on the correct content.

Thanks

November 11, 2021 at 10:08 am #9972721

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

The forum is here to resolve issues with our plugin but it is not within our capacity to create videos when we have already a good library of documentation available.

What I can see is that you have not installed the required Woocommerce Multilingual plugin.
So you can start there:
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/

Please review the documenation there carefully.
You can download the WCML plugin from your wpml.org account.

Here is a video how to set it up.
hidden link

Once this is setup and you have had a chance to review the documenation - feel free to write back with specific questions on any of the process. We are here to help but we cannot do your work for you.

November 11, 2021 at 11:02 am #9973287

andreaB-8

I sent you a request for receive a specified details reply.
If you reply me with standard link and YouTube video, why ask to access to site?

Can you send me a custom video for what I wrote?
I need to customize translation for products and checkout.

I wrote this many times, and many days passed.

Thanks

November 11, 2021 at 11:20 am #9973451

Yvette
Supporter

As I said - when I entered your site, you did not even have the required plugins installed or configured to use our Woocommerce solutions.

The forum is not for making custom videos nor is it to do your work.

If there is a BUG with the system or if we can answer specific how-to questions that are more specific than : how do I use your plugin? how do I translate a product?

We have PLENTY of online resources for this purpose. I am denying other customers the help with real problems if I do your work.

At least do the MINIMUM work. Our support forum is not for these purposes. You can hire a WPML contractor if you need a personal tutor.

If you have a bug, a problem that our plugin is not behaving the way it is supposed to do, there is not existing documentation, ... all these reasons, I can spend my time on but not what you are asking for on a site that does not even have the plugins required installed.

November 11, 2021 at 11:33 am #9973683

andreaB-8

--
As I said - when I entered your site, you did not even have the required plugins installed or configured to use our Woocommerce solutions.
--

Why all other your Staff users don't tell me this? But they provided my info for do other translations??

--
If you have a bug, a problem that our plugin is not behaving the way it is supposed to do,
--

I asked right way for translate products... only this!!

And WHY checkout is always in English even if I'm in IT mode.

I'm writing same things many times.

November 11, 2021 at 11:37 am #9973717

andreaB-8

PS: I confirm you that I installed WPML Woocommerce

Now please help me for translate products and even all variations options that I've in every single product detail page when I choose product to order.

Thanks

November 11, 2021 at 12:07 pm #9973947

Yvette
Supporter

1 . WCML

I assume that when you say "options" you are referring to Woocommerce "attributes".
If you have created GLOBAL attributes, you can translate them in the Woocoomerce > WCML dashboard as you can do for all other Woocommerce elements (see image).

Once you have no more configuration warnings as represented by the "!" sign, you can then start translating your products.

To translate products you literally just hit select the "+" symbol and enter the translated texts.
BUT YOU MUST HAVE TRANSLATED ALL OTHER PARTS FIRST (attributes, categories, shipping classes...etc).

This is all explained in the documentation.

2. Checkout Page
For me the checkout page is appearing in mixed languages, This means that the template is not fully translated or that you have a plugin that is overriding strings and that you should translate these string sin the String Translation table.

An easy way to find strings to translate is to do the following steps:
- enable the option WPML > String Translation > Autoregister strings for translation (see image)
- Refresh the page that has strings untranslated
- Disable the option (otherwise it causes performance issues)
- Look for the various strings to translate now registered in the String Tranlsation table.

I have done an example for you with "Street address". You can now look for the other strings.
You may also need to include strings for translation that are admin-texts or placeholders. In this case, please consult this article on how to do this:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/finding-strings-that-dont-appear-on-the-string-translation-page/

HowToFindStrings.png
NeedsToBeTranaslated.png
Example.png
TranslateAllYouWooParts.png
November 11, 2021 at 4:28 pm #9976713

andreaB-8

Thanks for your reply.

--
If you have created GLOBAL attributes, you can translate them in the Woocoomerce > WCML dashboard as you can do for all other Woocommerce elements (see image).
--

I think that are not global, but created in every single products.
How to do in this case???
I even sent you my site access so you can see how manage attributes.

--
BUT YOU MUST HAVE TRANSLATED ALL OTHER PARTS FIRST (attributes, categories, shipping classes...etc).
--
Where? (attributes, categories, shipping classes...etc)
Considering local things (not global)

--
To translate products you literally just hit select the "+" symbol and enter the translated texts.
--
I wrote that I need to translate using Elementor.

Thanks

November 11, 2021 at 5:45 pm #9977135

Yvette
Supporter

1. Custom attributes are translatable via the Woocommerce Multilingual dashboard.
This means you go to the product tabs listing and select the "+" sign.

Whether you use Elementor or not, that is the method to translate products.

HOWEVER, when I enter your site I can see that you have defined *many* GLOBAL attributes (see image). Do you know the difference between global and custom woocommerce attributes?

Global attributes are visible across all products and are TAXONOMIES.
Custom attributes are stored as post-meta for a single products and are CUSTOM FIELDS.

If you plan to use an attribute in more than one product, you really want to use global attributes which are easier to manager.
More here: https://woocommerce.com/document/managing-product-taxonomies/#section-6

2. Elementor

Please note that not ALL Elementor widgets are translatable. I would recommend that since you are new to the plugin that you first acquaint yourself with translating a very simple variable product without the Elementor widgets so that you can understand the process and see that all the WCML environment is setup correctly.

Once you see that all custom fields are present and the product is visible in 2 languages, then start with the Elementor elements.

Please review the Elementor widgets that we support here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/#List-of-the-translatable-Elementor-Elements

The same article describes how to translate Elementor templates.
If you have issues with Elementor translation, please open a NEW forum thread. On this thread we are focusing only on being able to translate a simple and variable product with standard setup.

Your new thread will focus solely on Elementor widgets/templates and assume that your setup is already correct for product post type translation.

2. You wrote: "..Where? (attributes, categories, shipping classes...etc)
Considering local things (not global)"

I sent you the image where you need to translate categories and shipping classes. If you are only using custom/local attributes, then you can skip that. However, as I wrote before, you DO have global attributes defined that need to be translated and the system is telling you this.

3. You wrote: ".I even sent you my site access so you can see how manage attributes."

We cannot review your entire setup as this is YOUR installation. We can answer questions about our plugin and make sure our plugin configuration is complete. The environment setup is your responsibility.

With all due respect, I am getting the impression that you are not so familiar with Woocommerce or WordPress not to mention our own plugins. You might consider looking for a contractor to help you here: https://wpml.org/contractors/

Attributes-‹-TOMPOMA-—-WordPress.png
November 11, 2021 at 11:03 pm #9978421

andreaB-8

Here in categories, I see only Italian and I don' have any + symbol for translate

Schermata 2021-11-12 alle 00.03.06.png
November 11, 2021 at 11:04 pm #9978445

andreaB-8

Here in Attribute area I see only Italian and I don't have any + symbol... so how can I translate in English??

Schermata 2021-11-12 alle 00.04.09.png