This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
March 20, 2019 at 4:58 pm #3391107

Most Association

Hello,

I'm trying to translate the products on my site, but not duplicating them, because I'm importing them using wp all import, and when I try to update the stock or sale prices, I can't update both of them. How can I bulk translate all products using WooCommerce multilingual? (instead of clicking on all products and copying the content.

All products should be the same language in both languages (Macedonian, English).

So basically it's should be the same products.

I get the problem when I translate them using translating management, but not when I go to woocommerce -> Woocommerce multilingual.

March 20, 2019 at 7:26 pm #3392841

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

If you want the products to display in the same language, then you can go to WPML -> Settings and in the post type section, set Products to Translatable or fallback to default. This should then show them in both languages without the need to translate the products.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.

March 20, 2019 at 7:42 pm #3392907

Most Association

The products are showing now but the filters are not showing. What could be the issue?

March 20, 2019 at 7:44 pm #3392963

Most Association

Also i just tried to ipen one product and im grtting 404 on english version

March 20, 2019 at 8:34 pm #3393283

Lauren
Supporter

I just tested this product and I am not getting a 404 page: hidden link.

Can you tell me which one you are seeing the 404 error on?

As for the filters, do you mean clicking on the categories? Are your product categories also set to fallback to default? Have you translated categories? Lastly, how are those links to categories displayed on the page?

March 20, 2019 at 10:25 pm #3393857

Most Association

Can we transfer this chat as live chat somehow?

And its working because its on live site. Im testing this on stage site. The live site is using duplicates.

I want to get rid of duplicates.

The stage is stage.nomadmobility.com

Tell me if you need user and password.

March 21, 2019 at 6:27 pm #3417025

Lauren
Supporter

It is not possible to convert a ticket to a live chat, sorry. Please send access to the staging site where I can see this happening. Also, please answer the following:

1. Are your product categories also set to fallback to default?
2. Have you translated categories?
3. How are those links to categories displayed on the page?

The next reply is marked as private so that you can share details.

March 21, 2019 at 8:21 pm #3421385

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks. I see that when I try to view an English product such as hidden link, you can see the __trashed at the end of the URL. So it is trying to reach a page that has been trashed but not removed permanently. Please delete the products in the trash. Then resave the permalinks and let me know if this resolves the issue.

March 22, 2019 at 12:07 am #3430011

Most Association

Nice,

Now the products are opening but how to setup the filters to be the same as the Macedonian language?

Best regards,
TOmislav.

March 22, 2019 at 3:11 pm #3441671

Lauren
Supporter

Can you please tell me how these filters are created and added to the page? I assume you are referring to the blocks for Bikes, Ski & Snowboards, Scooters and Thule.

I tried checking your homepage but I don't see anywhere that these blocks are added. I also didn't see them listed as categories. So I need more information about how they were created in order to determine how to copy the translations. Thanks!

March 22, 2019 at 4:20 pm #3442261

Most Association

Those are attributes of products. Those are imported using wp all import along importing of the products. Set macedonian language on menu, and go to attributes you will see them.

March 22, 2019 at 4:47 pm #3442545

Lauren
Supporter

What is the title of the attribute? I went to WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual -> Attributes and selected each drop down but I am not seeing the names that are showing on the front page.

Also, how are you adding these filters to the homepage? How are you creating the links to click through to the categories?

March 23, 2019 at 10:33 pm #3447563

Most Association

Hi, I'm using widgets to show filters, and I'm importing the products only for Macedonian language and I need to show the identical attributes and categories on both languages. And for the question, I don't quite understand what do you mean, could you try to explain me?

March 25, 2019 at 12:59 pm #3453681

Lauren
Supporter

I need some additional information.

When I view your site, I see a button with the title "ВЕЛОСИПЕДИЗАМ". However, when I go to Appearance -> Widgets, I don't see a filter with the title "ВЕЛОСИПЕДИЗАМ". So, how is this button being added? Please see screenshot for clarification. I need to know how this button is added to the homepage.

Also, if I go to WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual and click on the Attributes tab, I don't see "ВЕЛОСИПЕДИЗАМ" as an option in the drop down menu.

One other thing to try - please try going to WPML -> Settings and in the taxonomy translation section, see if you see your attributes there. If so, set them to copy. Then update the original product and the translated product and check to see if the attribute is now copied.

March 25, 2019 at 10:16 pm #3458497

Most Association

It's not category nor attribute, it's a page. Inside that page, there are links to other categories. You can see the categories by going into some of the tiles, on the URL /product-category/CATEGORY-NAME. Those are the categories, not the ones on the homepage. But I don't see how this is related to my problem??

All I want is the following:

1. I have products imported using WP All Import only on Macedonian.
2. I want Macedonian products to show on English version (without duplicating)
3. I want the categories to show on english (without duplicateding)
4. I want attributes to show on English version as well (without duplicates)

This is because I don't need duplicates in order to update the prices and stock using wp all import only on one language.

So far, I got the products showing on the English version and the categories, but when I go into the category I can't see the attributes of products.

Please escalate this ticket to higher support as this is URGENT.

Best regards