This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I'm trying to translate a field group from a post type. To do that, I went to WPML > settings > Multilingual Content Setup > Post Types then I selected "Translatable —use translation if available or fallback to default language" option for the post type that the field group is assigned to. The custom field's group doesn't appear for translation for most of the posts. Solution: When the fields are missing from the translation page, just simply edit the original post, hit the Update button, and try again to do the translation.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by danielJ-53 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
July 15, 2019 at 2:34 am #4206373

danielJ-53

Hey guys,

I'm trying to translate a field group from a post type. To do that, I went to WPML > settings > Multilingual Content Setup > Post Types then I selected "Translatable —use translation if available or fallback to default language" option for the post type that the field group is assigned to (please see screenshot: settings 1).

Then I went to the WPML > settings > Multilingual Content Setup > Custom Fields Translation and selected "translate" for each field of the group (screenshot: settings-2)

After setting up WPML, the custom field's group doesn't appear for translation for most of the posts - only 4 of the my posts seem to be working well (please see screenshots: post-1 and post-2).

- I have the latest version of WPML plugins + Toolset plugins.

- I deactivated all other plugins, and switched to wordpress twenty nineteen and twenty seventeen themes. Nothing changed.

It looks like it's some kind of settings from WPML, that I probably don't know how to set up.

This is the documentation I've read:

https://toolset.com/documentation/translating-sites-built-with-toolset/translating-repeatable-field-groups/

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Sintia O.

July 15, 2019 at 1:36 pm #4211587

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Daniel,

Nice to see you again 🙂

I checked this out and it seems that there's a simple way to make the fields available for translation. When they are missing from the translation page, just simply edit the original boat, hit the Update button, and try again to do the translation.
I applied this quick change to the Verox boat (the one captured in your screenshots) and now you can easily translate the missing fields too. Can you have a look and tell me how it works now, please?

Thanks,
Radu

July 17, 2019 at 1:08 am #4224599

danielJ-53

Hi Radu! Thanks...hope you're well!

Now it's working well. There's one more thing. I'm not sure if I can keep on this ticket or if I have to open a new one, though. Anyway, my question is still related to custom fields, because I have another repeatable field group which was created to display a image gallery.

I went to WPML>media translation, then translated the image titles but when I go to the translated page, I have to translate it again manually, in addition to that, the image is not displayed in the front-end. So, I have to go back to the translated page and leave the original title, in order to display the image correctly. Am I doing the right steps? Please see my configuration in the screenshots.

Documentation I'm following: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/media-translation/

Best Regards,

Sintia O.

July 17, 2019 at 7:51 am #4226737

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Sintia,

Regarding the images, can you go here hidden link, expand the Boat gallery image, and on the translation preferences select Copy from original to translation, please? This should make the images appear on the boat translation. can you give this a try and tell me how it goes, please?

Thanks,
Radu

July 18, 2019 at 1:29 am #4234077

danielJ-53

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!