Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 4 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Bigul.

Author Posts
August 17, 2019 at 7:22 am #4409499

christophS-35

I use Breadcrumb NavXT on my site and have a Root Page for my Products. How can I translate the String of the Root Page in the Breadcrumbs on my site? I do not found that String in the WMPL String Translation and have no idea how i can translate this. Its important to translate.

Best regards

August 17, 2019 at 6:58 pm #4410707

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Vienna (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

In some cases, it is possible that those strings have been recognized but not associated yet to the String Translation panel for the translation. Please try the following steps after a backup and let me know your feedback.

1) Visit WPML>>String Translation
2) Click on the blue link at the bottom of the page: "Translate texts in admin screens »"
3) Look for an option similar to "Breadcrumb_NavXT", or something like that. Here you should find all the strings associated with your plugin/theme options.
4) Check the checkbox for your strings of interest.
5) Click on the button "Apply"(at the bottom of the page)
6) Now, all your selected strings should appear in the String Translation panel and you can translate those strings

Please check the following documentation for more details.

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/#admin_texts

--
Thanks!

Bigul

August 18, 2019 at 6:29 am #4411567

christophS-35

If i click on "Translate texts in admin screens" in the String Translation i can't find something like "Breadcrumb NavXT". There aren't any option for this plugin to add to the String translation.
Are there other options?

Thanks

August 19, 2019 at 8:53 am #4414765

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking. Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup.

Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

hidden link

Also please share me a couple of screenshots for a better understanding of the issue and Breadcrumb NavXT settings.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

August 19, 2019 at 7:04 pm #4418649

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates and login information. The Breadcrumb NavXT strings were appearing in WPML>>String Translation>>Translate texts in admin screens page under the *bcn_options* string domain.

I have added the Product Root page for the String Translation and translated it with secondary language Product Page IDs. Please check the attached images for more details and let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

2019-08-20_0023.png
2019-08-20_0021.png
2019-08-20_0033.png
2019-08-20_0032.png
August 20, 2019 at 6:34 am #4420817

christophS-35

Oh perfect, thank you!
Thats awesome.

Is it possible to translate the url of the Productsites. The Root Page is in the url always in german. For example: hidden link
There is the root page "produkte" not translated.

Thanks!

August 20, 2019 at 4:59 pm #4425575

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. It is happening on the breadcrumbs of individual Product Posts like hidden link, am I right?

--
Thanks!

Bigul

August 20, 2019 at 6:37 pm #4425999
christophS-35

There are the two sites:
- hidden link and
- hidden link

and it would be nice if "produkte" is translated in the language of the page. Now its always shown in german. Is that possible?

New threads created by Bigul and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translating-taxonomy-urls/

August 21, 2019 at 2:05 pm #4432075

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I have opened a new ticket for the Translating taxonomy URLs issue. Because as per our support policies, we can only handle one issue per ticket. It will help us to serve you better and we can avoid discussing multiple problems in one ticket. I will get back to you soon on the new ticket. Please wait. Thank you for your understanding.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.