This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by maxL-15 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
August 26, 2019 at 6:15 pm #4460785

maxL-15

I can't find the second footer text anywhere. Can you tell me how I can translate this with string translation? I already searched in Admintexts.

hidden link

August 26, 2019 at 9:57 pm #4461625

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. It depends on how this widget is made. Not all widgets can be translated with String Translation.

As these strings are not within admin_texts, then you will probably need to create two widgets, one for each language. To do this you just need to follow the steps of our documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-widgets/displaying-different-widgets-for-different-languages/

That is, in short, you will need to have two widgets and set each to a different language. Within each widget, you can select in which language the widget will be displayed.

By following these steps, can you translate and display content correctly on the front end?

Thank you.

August 27, 2019 at 9:59 am #4464621

maxL-15

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!