This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
June 17, 2019 at 9:10 am #4033577

noeliaS

Hello,

I've translated the widgets and sidebars, but the sidebar that are in the page of portfolio, I don't find the string in wpml > translate of strings

in the wpml configuration I see everything translatable activated

The one that I can not find is the phone word and request for a visit, I have a translated string of widgets but I can not find it.

hidden link

Thank you,

Regards

June 17, 2019 at 2:33 pm #4036247

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

Most probably you can find these strings for translation from *Translate texts in admin screens" page. Please go to WPML>>String Translation and click on the blue link at the bottom of the page: "Translate texts in admin screens »" to visit the page. From this page, we can choose the plugins/theme option strings for translation.

Please check the following documentation for more details.

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/#admin_texts

--
Thanks!

Bigul

June 19, 2019 at 10:14 pm #4054939

noeliaS

Hello,

I followed the steps and found the missing strings, activated and translated them. Now it is well. But I'm missing a sentence with the link that although I found the string, it does not work, it still shows up in Spanish.

Thank you

June 20, 2019 at 8:35 am #4057695

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Please try the following troubleshooting steps after a site backup and make sure the issue is existing or not.

1) Go to WPML>>Support page

2) Click on Troubleshooting link (blue link in the middle of the page)

3) In Troubleshooting page, please click on the following options of the *Clean up* section. Wait for confirmation of processing after each one.

- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information
- Fix WPML tables collation
- Recreate ST DB cache tables

4) Deactivate and activate String Translation

In which page this widget is listing? I am not able to find it exactly in the frontend.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

The topic ‘[Closed] translate sidebar custom post types’ is closed to new replies.