Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 2 years, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
February 15, 2019 at 2:45 pm

jonathanF-3

We translated the slug "Course" to "Formation" and "Lessons" to "Lecon" in Learndash and now everytying is a mess.

We lost button on the lesson, we get an archive page when we click on lesson, etc.

I've reinstalled a backup BEFORE we translated the slugs on a staging environment.

February 15, 2019 at 3:38 pm
February 15, 2019 at 3:39 pm
February 15, 2019 at 4:36 pm #3205971

jonathanF-3

We've installed Learndash on the staging site you created.

Issue is :

When enabling the option to use content on multiple course, Learndash automatically add the "nested url" function, which looks like a custom permalink structure.

If we translate the Custom Post Type created by Learndash (Course, Lesson, etc), the URL structure change in the translated language and we seem to loose the nested url structure.

Another problem : We also loose the "Next lesson" button on lesson itself (only in the translated language)

February 15, 2019 at 8:26 pm #3206531

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thanks so much for installing the plugin. I have added and translated some courses and lessons. The problem I am having is that the lessons do not show on the translated course page ( for example, hidden link). Do you have lessons set to Translatable or Fallback to default, or just to Translatable? I need to figure out that step so that I can check the URL format on the translated lessons.

February 15, 2019 at 8:32 pm #3206542

jonathanF-3

They are set to : Translatable - only show translated items

But I can't change it, it's greyed out and controlled by wpml xml file

February 15, 2019 at 8:48 pm #3206553

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Do you see anything different in your settings or course structure than what I have done on the test site?

The topic ‘[Closed] Translate Slug on Learndash Custom Post type’ is closed to new replies.