Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 17 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
May 28, 2020 at 11:03 am #6238305

mariaE-3

Issue with Slugs.

Section diseases, urls portfolio are in spanish and i want english urls.

bad slugs.PNG
May 28, 2020 at 7:43 pm #6243519

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

Please check this link to see how to translate the slugs of a custom post type with WPML: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-page-slugs/#enabling-custom-post-type-name-localization-in-wpml

Please let us know if it worked for you.

PS: To ensure the quickest and most accurate support, please provide your debug information so that I can get a look at some of your configurations. We have an excellent article on how to located here: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/.

NOTE:
Please be sure to check the box to indicate you can provide debug info and paste your debug info in the debug field provided, and NOT in the general response field.

May 29, 2020 at 8:15 am #6247209

mariaE-3

What I have to do?

I've seen the troubleshooter part, can you tell me how it works and how do I proceed?

May 29, 2020 at 9:20 pm #6253023

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There,

How are you currently adding these categories to the page, are they added through the page builder?

Try the following first and let me know your results, please.

Go to WPML => Support , and click on "Troubleshooting" while in the Troubleshooting page please perform the actions. (specifically "set language information" but i recommend performing all of them"

June 3, 2020 at 8:35 am #6280861

mariaE-3

I dont know how translate project slugs

When I'm on a project, I switch languages ​​and it works fine.

When I put all the projects in a category in English, the titles come out in English but it links to the url in Spanish

shcwpml.PNG
June 3, 2020 at 8:20 pm #6286961

Bobby
Supporter

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to test the issue.
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

**Before we proceed I recommend taking FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you enter is private which means only you and I have access to it.

NOTE: If access to the live site is not possible and the staging site does not exist please provide me with a duplicator package created with the duplicator plugin.

Thank you,
Bobby

June 5, 2020 at 10:04 pm #6308607

Bobby
Supporter

Hi There,

Does my IP need to be whitelisted? I am currently not able to access the wp-admin area as I get a 403 error.

June 8, 2020 at 5:18 pm #6323765

mariaE-3

tell me what is your ip to unlock them

June 8, 2020 at 8:31 pm #6324743

mariaE-3

Tomorrow it will be unlocked

June 9, 2020 at 7:38 am #6327643

mariaE-3

you can access

June 9, 2020 at 10:42 pm #6336157

Bobby
Supporter

I am still receiving a 403 forbidden error

If access is not possible please install the plugin Duplicator and create a Duplicator package to share with me to test locally.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

June 10, 2020 at 3:15 pm #6343435

mariaE-3

How do I share it with you?

June 10, 2020 at 7:19 pm #6345089

Bobby
Supporter

The next reply is private you can share it through google drive, dropbox or wetransfer

June 11, 2020 at 3:58 am #6347321

Bobby
Supporter

Hi There,

If I understand correctly, you go to Projects->Add a new category and then assign to it the different projects.

Then go to Pages and add the categories as Portfolio items, correct?

Please update your theme and the CMS master plugins to their latest versions along with WPML.

After updating please let me know your results and if the issue persists.

June 11, 2020 at 2:38 pm #6352083

mariaE-3

Everything is updated, wordpress, php, plugins, the theme.

I do what you say and when I go to the project assigned to a category in English, the url appears in English but when I add the portfolio with the category and its projects the titles appear in English but the urls remain in Spanish.

That is the problem, I go back to the attached screenshot, I need those urls to be the English ones that I see when I enter the projects.

On the other hand, the footer where it says 'all rights reserved' are not translated

And finally, the detail sheets come out words in Spanish.

Thanks for everything, I am waiting

urls diseases shc.PNG
pie de pagina shc.PNG
details shc.PNG

The topic ‘[Closed] Translate slugs projects WordPress’ is closed to new replies.