Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
October 6, 2020 at 10:14 pm

jonathanF-3

Translate strings in admin screens give me a white screen

October 6, 2020 at 10:50 pm
October 7, 2020 at 9:51 pm #7185019

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There,

I was able to create a duplicator package and test this issue on my local environment.

The issue was reproduced and we are now reviewing it further. Once there are news you will be updated here.

October 8, 2020 at 5:23 pm #7192595

koenk-5

I have the exact same issue. White screen at admin screens.
What is the status? I need to be able to translate email notifications.

Thanks in advance.

October 9, 2020 at 6:11 pm #7201003

Bobby
Supporter

Hi There,

The issue should be resolved now, please try accessing the admin screens now.

@koenk-5 , test the following:

Navigate to your wp_options database table
Search for wpml_built_with_page_builder
Delete it

NOTE: Always have a recent and working backup before making any changes recommended by our team or a 3rd party

October 9, 2020 at 6:35 pm #7201059

jonathanF-3

We have the same problem on several other website. They are all using the same Theme/plugins/page builders.

So we just manually delete the wpml_built_with_page_builder and it will be automatically re-created?

October 9, 2020 at 8:20 pm #7201401

Bobby
Supporter

Yes, the issue has been escalated to our developers and a fix will be added in the future versions of WPML

October 16, 2020 at 1:04 pm #7244503

jonathanF-3

Hi Bobby,

did you do it ? We're looking at the database tables and the wpml_built_with_page_builde wasn't re-created.

We are now able to access the string translation page, but even if we translate the button (text and url) in the menu, it doesn't work on front end. The french button is still redirecting to the english page.

October 16, 2020 at 4:15 pm #7245653

Bobby
Supporter

Your site's admin screens no longer should give a white screen and it's working as expected now.

Also, we have released an errata in case another user has the same issue

https://wpml.org/errata/translate-texts-in-admin-screens-page-results-in-a-blank-screen/

As the original issue of this thread has been resolved 'admin screens gives a white screen' and we try to keep each thread to 1 issue, if possible please open a new ticket regarding the string you are trying to translate and our team will be able to further help.