This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I'm trying to translate strings related to Ultimate Member. One string is not translatable in Settings on the frontend of UM and other in Profile of UM on the frontend despite of the fact that it's translated in String Translation of WPML.

Solution: The Ultimate Member plugin is not fully compatible with WPML. There are still some issues and we are looking to work with the plugin authors in order to fix all the issues.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by rafalP-12 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
July 20, 2019 at 8:29 pm #4250477

rafalP-12

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Translate strings related to Ultimate Member. One string is not translatable in Settings on the frontend of UM and other in Profile of UM on the frontend despite it's translated in String Translation of WPML.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
No

Is there a similar example that we can see?
I recorded video how it looks like, can provide website access as well.
hidden link
hidden link

What is the link to your site?
rafv.pl

July 21, 2019 at 6:31 am #4251385

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Rafal,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

Can you go to Dashboard → WPML → Theme and plugins localization and uncheck the Assume that the original language of all strings is English option, please? Once you did this, just simply hit the Save button and check again the translation.

Thanks,
Radu

July 21, 2019 at 2:01 pm #4252351

rafalP-12

Hi Radu,

It did not help. Still, these 2 strings are not translated. Other stuff is translated correctly. I also tried to use Loco Translate to translate to Polish but still shows in English, only these 2 strings. Maybe it's a problem with UM?

Regards,
Rafal

July 22, 2019 at 9:36 am #4255501

Radu
Supporter

Hey Rafal,

Can you give me some more details about these two strings that are not translated, please? Also, a link to the page where I can see them would be very helpful. Last but not least, giving me access to the dashboard area would be great too. This way, I'll be able to have a look at the settings and see what can be done to translate the strings. The next reply is private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

July 23, 2019 at 10:53 am #4265277

Radu
Supporter

Hey Rafal,

Can you create the translation of this form hidden link and tell me if the translation of gender is working this time, please? In the meantime, I'll have a look at the other ticket.

Thanks,
Radu

July 24, 2019 at 3:15 pm #4276065

rafalP-12

Hi Radu,

I created a translation of this form and then swapped in Polish translation of Profile page to the new form. Providing it rigidly works good. You can check after login, didn't translate full new form, because on the front it is translated mostly. One problem now is that the different form while changing the language does not have saved changes from other translation, for example, I edited profile and choose Gender on Polish translation then I changed to English and the Gender was not there.

Regards,
Rafal

July 29, 2019 at 8:26 am #4297737

Radu
Supporter

Hey Rafal,

I had some issues accessing the dashboard of your website but I managed to have another look by using a different IP (it seems that my country is banned or something like that). I also installed the Ultimate Member plugin on my website and everything worked very well when I added the gender field. The translation was made automatically. Now I wanted to ask you if I can delete the translation of the form from your website and try to create it back they way I did on my website. I'm always asking the user if I can do any change (since this is a live website).

Thanks,
Radu

July 29, 2019 at 11:31 pm #4303835

rafalP-12

Hi Radu,

I forgot about this IP blockade, now it's turned off. Of course, you can make changes, it's my development website, so you can do everything there.

Regards,
Rafal

July 31, 2019 at 9:06 am #4313133

Radu
Supporter

Hey Rafal,

I managed to get the translation of the genders here hidden link, when editing the profile, but it seems that the original version is used when going back to the User page. I escalated this to the 2nd tier support to have a look at this and see if it can spot the source of the issue. I will keep you posted about the progress we're making on this. Right now, this looks like a compatibility issue but maybe there's a quick fix that we can find.

Thanks,
Radu

July 31, 2019 at 2:07 pm #4315165

rafalP-12

Hi Radu,

Thank you very much for info. I will be waiting for further notice. Just remember also about this text in delete account "Are you sure you want to delete your account? This will erase all of your account data from the site. To delete your account enter your password below". It is also not translatable.

Regards,
Rafal

August 1, 2019 at 7:49 am #4319443

Radu
Supporter

Hey Rafal,

I checked this out by testing it on my website and it seems that this needs a closer look too. I added this to the message escalated to 2nd tier we'll check this out. I'll come back to you with any update I'll get from my colleagues.

Thanks,
Radu

August 17, 2019 at 8:45 am #4409623

Radu
Supporter

Hey Rafal,

Can you reach out the authors of the Ultimate Member plugin and ask them to apply for the Go Global program (https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/), please? It seems that the issue you reported requires a little work between our compatibility team and the plugin authors.

We reached out the authors a while back too but they didn't reply us back. I'm thinking that this would be different if the request for WPML compatibility is asked by a customer (you). Our team is ready to work with the Ultimate Member authors in order to make everything work flawlessly between these two.

Thanks,
Radu

August 18, 2019 at 9:06 pm #4412755

rafalP-12

Hi,

I contacted them on the WordPress forum, don't know if they will work with you, but maybe they will.

Regards,
Rafal

August 19, 2019 at 5:34 am #4413583

Radu
Supporter

Hey Rafal,

I'm glad to hear that you send a message to the theme authors. We'll wait for their message now. Once they reach us, we'll work together to make sure that everything is compatible between WPML and Ultimate Member.

Regards,
Radu

August 22, 2019 at 12:26 pm #4439239

rafalP-12

Why the thread is resolved?