This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
April 30, 2019 at 7:55 am #3708891

mauroP-22

I am trying to: Translate strings and plugins

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see: Hi, I have translated a plugin strings in the second language Italian ,I have uploaded the .po files with wpml but wend I change from English to Italian the page show 404 error.

Thank you!

Instead, I got:

April 30, 2019 at 9:06 am #3709753

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Mauro,

I just tried to use the language switcher from the top of the page and there's no 404 page appearing. Is there any specific page that I should check in order to see the problem that you described? If yes, could you give me a link to it, please?

Thanks,
Radu

April 30, 2019 at 12:31 pm #3710983

mauroP-22

Hi Radu

May I send you the credidentials to take a look?

Thank you

April 30, 2019 at 12:33 pm #3710991

mauroP-22

Hi, I have more similar forms book now in English, for every form I have a page in English.
Now I need for every form the Italian language and I have translated in Italian the forms, after I have uploaded the .po files for forms .
But the translation don't show.
I have translated the front end for the forms, I have created a new book now form and I have set a Italian language.
After I have created a new page for the Italian book now forms.

Thank you

May 1, 2019 at 8:47 am #3717043

Radu
Supporter

Hey Mauro,

Please give me access to the dashboard area and a link to one of the English form book that you tried to translate in Italian. This way I'll be able to have a closer look and see what's going on.

Thanks,
Radu

May 2, 2019 at 12:54 pm #3724641

mauroP-22

Hi Radu, did you receive my message?

thank you

May 3, 2019 at 8:25 am #3732109

Radu
Supporter

Hey Mauro,

Yes, I did receive your message. I checked the link to the editing page of the booking form. However, I think I need a link to the page where I can see the booking in the frontend. Is there any chance that you can share a link to a page where you used this form, please? This way I'll be able to change the language from English to Italian and see what's going on.

Thanks,
Radu

May 3, 2019 at 9:30 am #3732641

mauroP-22

Hi Radu, here is the link page in English
hidden link

Thank you!

May 6, 2019 at 7:35 pm #3752367

Radu
Supporter

Hey Mauro,

Can you deactivate all the plugins except for WPML and Chauffeur Booking System for WordPress, activate a default theme (like Twenty Nineteen), and tell me if the booking form works time time on Italian, please? I'm asking for this because I want to make sure that none of the plugins or the theme is causing this issue.

Also, the problem might be the fact that you added the booking form to a page and you're trying to change the language of the page (hidden link), which is not translated to Italian, and not to the actual booking. Can you create the translation of the page, add the Italian booking form to it and tell me how things work this time, please?

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] Translate Strings Problem’ is closed to new replies.