Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 2 years, 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
February 23, 2019 at 11:29 am #3235079

antonioM-65

Before this ticket i opened one ticket to edit my theme with .mo and po. files

February 23, 2019 at 11:32 am #3235093

antonioM-65

I have to apply these changes but before i upload mo and po fies

Your site can run faster

This version of WPML includes new settings that will help your site run faster. We recommend changing the following settings, which are all available in WPML->Theme and plugins localization:
Translate strings with ST and don't load .mo files: Some themes and plugins have huge .mo files that take a long time to load. WPML already knows the strings in these files and loads only the necessary strings to display each page.

Captura de pantalla 2019-02-23 a las 12.30.16.png
February 23, 2019 at 11:35 am #3235106

antonioM-65

hello

February 23, 2019 at 2:06 pm #3235303

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

since yours is a peculiar case you need to load .mo files. That one is a standard notice because we suggest using String Translation to translate themes but not always it's the best option.

You can read more about it here: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/theme-localization/

Let me know if this helps you or if you need further assistance.

February 27, 2019 at 8:00 pm #3252410

antonioM-65

Hello Laura,

1. I am trying finally to change default language to spanish. However as soon as I did on Menu language switcher with flags disappear. And if i select menu to display language and flag nothing happens

2. after reading and watch your video guide, i feel unable to find how can translate footer

3. in order to translate all soho booking form, i just wondering if I have to do it manually o maybe there a place where I can find this mo files in spanish. My theme Soho Hotel is ready for use WPML and i can't get it

Thank you

February 28, 2019 at 3:06 pm #3256001

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

the language switcher disappearing is a bug introduced with version 4.2.2 and fixed in 4.2.4, released today. Please update and see if the issue is resolved.

For the other issues, I suggest you open a new ticket. We try to have only one issue per ticket, so it's easier for others to search the forum. This also allows supporters to be faster and more efficient.