This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
September 16, 2019 at 10:34 am #4578885

jurgenS-10

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I try to change some text in different languages in the header, see attachment.
It is the follow text:

1. By photographers, for photographers
2. What are you looking for? in the search bar
3. Nieuwsbrief, left of the language selector

Is there any documentation that you are following? no

Is there a similar example that we can see? see attachment

What is the link to your site?

hidden link

September 16, 2019 at 6:29 pm #4583155

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

Please, let me know if you need any additional details. Have a nice day.

September 17, 2019 at 2:44 pm #4589317

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank for the updates. I tried to access your WordPress Dashboard with the provided details but they seem to be incorrect, can you review it please? Thank you for your collaboration and patience, have a nice day.

September 17, 2019 at 2:56 pm #4589517

jurgenS-10

please enable private box, so I can provide the good details.

September 18, 2019 at 3:05 am #4592023

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I took a detailed look in your website and noticed these strings were not registered for translation in your String Translations settings, here are the steps I followed:

1 - In your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > String Translation I clicked the blue link 'Translate texts in admin screens' and then I registered the missing strings for translation from your 'theme_mods_flatsome-child' options.

2 - Now you should be able to find and translate them in your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > String Translation settings under the 'admin_texts_theme_mods_flatsome-child' text domain.

See:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

Please, let me know if it helps, have a nice day.

September 19, 2019 at 2:03 pm #4605817

jurgenS-10

Hi Marcos,

everything ok now with the things you did for me.
now i need "Bekijk alles" see printscreen.
it is not clear for me how to register a missing string.
Maybe you can help me add the string Bekijk alles and tell me clear how I can add missing strings.

Your help is greatly appreciated, login for you is still the same as 2/3 days ago.

all the best, thanks in advance, Jurgen

September 19, 2019 at 2:06 pm #4605847

jurgenS-10

2x times "Bekijk alles", see image

September 19, 2019 at 8:52 pm #4608279

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the the updates. I took a detailed look in your website and noticed the 'Bekijk alles' text comes from your page builder modules, when these modules are still not registered for translation it is needed to register them for translation in your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Settings > Custom XML Configuration In your case I placed this custom code:

<wpml-config>
    <shortcodes>
        <shortcode>
            <tag>title</tag>
            <attributes>
                <attribute>link_text</attribute>
            </attributes>
        </shortcode>
    </shortcodes>
</wpml-config>

It makes the attribute 'link_text' of your title module to be registered for translation when you use the WPML Translation Editor. Here is a more detailed explanation of the translation process:

1 - Post and Pages Content

In most case these content are automatically 'seen' by WPML for translation, in some cases the post/page content are build your with page builders that uses shortcodes (your case) or any other method to render the content, in these situations WPML not always is able to see these modules for translation as it is not possible to automatically determine the name and attributes of these shortcodes, in these cases you need to 'tell' WPML to translate these content and in order to do so, you would need to approach with something like the code above.

See:

https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/#page-builder-content

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/page-builders/how-to-register-page-builder-modules-and-theme-options/

2 - General Theme Text - Buttons, Footer, Header etc

When the text comes from the theme itself (i.e theme files) you will need to scan the theme files to make these strings available for translation in the String Translation, usually this is the worflow:

2.1 - Scan the theme files at WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Theme and Plugins Localization. Usually it is automatic process as soon as you activate a theme, in some very specific cases you would need to scan theme files in case the theme strings are missing.

2.2 - Translate the scanned strings at WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Strings Translation under the theme text domain.

See:

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/theme-localization/#scanning-themes-for-texts

3 - Texts Entered in Theme and Plugin Options and Settings

When you have text entered in theme options or even plugin options you would need to send these content to String Translation in order to translate them, in this scenarion, this should be the worflow:

3.1 - Register these strings for translation at WordPress Dashboard > WPML > String Translation > Translate texts in admin screens. You should see the theme or plugin options id in the list (id in most cases are the theme name or plugin name for example).

3.3 - Now, you should be able to find these strings for translation in your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > String Translation settings.

See:

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/

Please, let me know if it helps to clarifies your questions, have a nice day.

September 20, 2019 at 3:33 pm #4613359

jurgenS-10

Thanks Marcos, all things fixed, my homepage in 6 languages are just fine now.
But I have a new problem: when I want to translate my products in Woocommerce multilangual, see printscreen, nothing happens. In the example I want to translate Dutch into German, but nothing happens. Which button must I press or what to do to translate the Dutch text into German text? 1.000 x thanks in advance, all the best, Jurgen

September 21, 2019 at 2:16 pm #4616167

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello Jurgen,

Thank you for the updates, I am glad it works now. Due our support policy, we are only able to help with one ticket per issue, as your original issue is now solved, I kindly ask you to open a new ticket, so we can deal specifically with this new issue, the reason for that, is to help our customer to find answers for their issues on a ticket basis. Thank you very much for your understanding and collaboration, have a nice day.