This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:"Translate texts in admin screen" doesn't save (MaxInputVars're increased)

Solution:https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translate-texts-in-admin-screen-doesnt-save-maxinputvarsre-increased/#post-4260597

Relevant Documentation:

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by nikolettG 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
July 11, 2019 at 6:34 pm

nikolettG

I am trying to: add a string for translation from “Translate texts in admin screen”

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see: see the chosen strings in the translation list

Instead, I got: “Translate texts in admin screen” does not save at all. It sais "Saved", but actually it is not. After refreshing the page, the ticked ones become unticked again and the needed strings can't appear in the string translation list.

I have already tried this solution:
"To fix admin screen enable translation issue, please increase MaxInputVars to 10000 or more. For this, please try to set this variables in your php.ini:
1 max_input_vars = 10000;
2 suhosin.post.max_vars = 10000;
3 suhosin.request.max_vars = 10000;"

But I still have this issue. Please help.

July 11, 2019 at 9:11 pm #4193135

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

if possible please provide me with the specific strings you need to add to String Translation ?

and where they are coming from within the admin screens

July 12, 2019 at 7:25 am #4195955

nikolettG

Hi, Yes of course:

What to translate:
1.) Ez a weboldal a felhasználói élmény javítása, valamint a zavartalan működés biztosítása érdekében sütiket (cookie-kat) használ. A sütik kikapcsolása a böngésző beállításaiban lehetséges.
2.) Rendben
3.)Részletek
--> Here are they:
Admin menu > Megjelenés / Appearance > Gardening Child Options > Privacy & Cookies > Cookie Consent Message

Contact form placeholders and submit button:
4.) Cégnév
5.) Cím
6.) E-mail cím
7.) Telefonszám
8.) Jelentkezés (button)
Here are they on front end: hidden link
Here are they on back end: admin screen > Kapcsolat > Kapcsolati űrlapok > Jelentkezés viszonteladónak form

9.) "Tovább" button
Here it is on front end: hidden link
Here it is on back end: if you edit the page, you can find it in the bottom area of the admin screen. If I change the text and save, it returns to the original text, I cant change it in the duplicated english and german pages.

10.) Kövessen minket Instagramon!
Here it is on front end: hidden link
Here it is on back end: admin > Instagram feed > Customize > "Follow" button section

11.) Megosztás
12.) Több bejegyzés
Here are they on front end: hidden link
Here are they on back end: admin > Facebook Feed > Testreszabás > Custom text / Translatable

Thank you very much!
Nikolett

July 13, 2019 at 1:17 am #4201919

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

thank you for the access details ! if possible please provide me with admin access as at the moment i am not able to access the plugins and WPML String Translation

July 15, 2019 at 7:19 am #4207637

nikolettG

Hi,
It is done, now you have admin role.
Thank you very much!
Nikolett

July 15, 2019 at 9:15 pm #4214631

Bobby
Supporter

Hi Nikolett,

For the contact form 7 placeholder please translate them using the CF7 workflow with the CF7 multilingual add-on

https://wpml.org/2019/02/announcing-contact-form-7-ml/

let me know your results please.

Now regarding the admin strings i was able to add some using the custom wpml-config.xml through WPML->Settings and some others were already added

1. The cookie message strings were added using the wpml-config.xml
2. Tovabb button was also added
3. Kövessen minket Instagramon! was already added and i just input the translation
4.Megosztás and Több bejegyzés were added with wpml-config.xml

please find the code bellow :

<wpml-config>
<admin-texts>
<key name="gardening-opts">
<key name="privacy"/>
<key name="cookiebar-msg"/>
<key name="pageoptions"/>
<key name="post-archives-readmore"/></key>
<key name="cff_style_settings">
<key name="cff_facebook_share_text"/>
<key name="cff_load_more_text"/></key>
</admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

let me know your results please

July 20, 2019 at 10:11 am #4249563

nikolettG

Hi,
Thank you for your kind assistance!

Please help how to find the "Rendben" and the "Részletek" buttons to translate (from cookie consent), as I can't find them.

All the others are ok, I will translate them on Monday because of holiday.

Thank you very much for your help!
Have a nice weekend!
Nikolett

July 22, 2019 at 9:25 am #4255427

nikolettG

Hi,
A quick update:

These are nicely translated, thank you for adding them to string list:
- "Kövessen minket Instagramon!"
- "Megosztás"
- "Több bejegyzés "
- "Ez a weboldal a felhasználói élmény javítása, valamint a zavartalan működés biztosítása érdekében sütiket (cookie-kat) használ. A sütik kikapcsolása a böngésző beállításaiban lehetséges."

Unfortunately I still couldn't find in the following strings in string list:
- "Tovább" button (post archives readmore button)
- "Rendben" button (privacy cookie consent button)
- "Részletek" button (privacy cookie consent button)

Contact Form7 translation:
I followed the video's instructions, but placeholders and the "Jelentkezés" button don't appear on the contact form's translation page. The "Viszonteladóknak" page's translation and string translation list also don't include these strings.
- Placeholders: Cégnév, Cím, E-mail cím, Telefonszám
- Submut button: Jelentkezés

Kindly assist me with these.

Thank you very much!
Nikolett

July 22, 2019 at 6:04 pm #4260597

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

The buttons Rendben and Rezletek are both coming from your cookie consent plugin therefore you can find them within WPML->String Translation -> Translate strings in admin screen-> under "[gardening-opts][privacy-bar][button-2][label]"

if you have trouble finding these options within the admin screens a quick trick would be to view the page source of the admin screen then ctrl+f or cmd + f and do a quick search for the string , this should help you locate it so you can go back to the admin screen and find it easier.

and if something does not get added from the admin screens dashboard you can add it using custom-xml , within WPML->Settings->Custom XML

example :

<admin-texts>
        <key name="gardening-opts">
            <key name="privacy"/>
            <key name="cookiebar-msg"/>
            <key name="pageoptions"/>
            <key name="post-archives-readmore"/>
            <key name="privacy-bar">
                <key name="*"/></key>
        </key>

=> https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/#admin-texts

The Tovaab string is already added in String Translation within

[dt_sc_button style=\"simple\" icon_type=\"css_class\" iconalign=\"icon-right with-icon\" title=\"Tovább\" size=\"medium\" icon_css_class=\"lnr lnr-arrow-right\"]

view screenshot

Regarding the CF7 , the issue here is happening because you are using the Advanced Translation Editor

There is a known issue between Advanced translation editor and Contact Form 7 shortcode structure , as it seems that the Advanced Translation Editor strips the shortcode

our developers are aware of this issue and are working on resolving it.

In the meantime, could you translate your form only using our CTE(Classic Translation Editor), then, you can reactivate and continue using ATE(advanced translation editor).'

i have now switched your to the CTE , please go to WPML->Translations-> Edit the translations for the contact forms and let me know your results please

July 24, 2019 at 7:03 am #4270833

nikolettG

All my issues are resolved now. Thank you Bobby for your kind and fast help! 🙂