This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:Translate texts in admin screen not working

Solution:The solution that worked in the end was creating a custom wpml-config.xml and adding the strings I wanted to translate in there.

Relevant Documentation:

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Tim Lord 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
October 26, 2018 at 7:55 am

Tim Lord

I am trying to: Translate several strings in the admin screen.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
I go to WPML > String Translation > Translate texts in admin screens and then select the strings that I want to translate by putting a tick in the box next to them. I scroll to the bottom, hit "apply", the message says "The selected strings can now be translated using the string translation screen"

I expected to see:
I then go to Strings translations and expected to see those admin strings available for translation.

Instead, I got: Nothing - the strings do not appear in the string translation section. I have repeated the process multiple times but nothing

The specific admin strings I am trying to translate are:
easyweb_webnus_topbar_button_link
easyweb_webnus_nt_title
easyweb_webnus_footer_subscribe_title
easyweb_webnus_footer_mailchimp_url

October 30, 2018 at 7:40 am #2860663

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

when i visit WPML->String Translation->filter by "select strings within domain" and pick "admin_texts_easyweb_webnus_options" i can see the strings mentioned above.

please review the strings and let me know your results

October 30, 2018 at 11:05 am #2861363

Tim Lord

I figured it out, I tried increasing max vars but that didn't work. The solution that worked in the end was creating a custom wpml-config.xml and adding the strings I wanted to translate in there.