This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Riffaz 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
September 27, 2018 at 3:46 pm

edaineB

I am trying to: follow the instructions mentioned: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/woocommerce-google-analytics-pro-multi-domain/

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: the page to choose the property and tracking_id are loading very slowly and also get a 504 error when refreshing. After I get through and check the 2 translation strings and I click on save, nothing happens. I see the refresh circle going round but it is not applying anything. Can I do it another way?

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

September 28, 2018 at 11:35 am #2773615

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support forum.

You are saying that when you make string translation it does not take affect and it keeps loading in the browser, right?

What you are experiencing is unusual.
so could you please perform the below steps and let me know if that helps?

WP Memory limit
You have many plugins and your WP memory limit is 128MB which the minimum requirement with minimal plugins.
Could you please increase it to your allowed memory limit (which is 768MB) and check this?

Plugin conflict
Could you please disable all the plugins and check this?
You have many. I highly doubt that 'Auto optimize' can cause this issue.

Minimal Setup
If you disable all non-related WPML plugins, switch to one of the default themes, the problem persists or not?
NOTE:
+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!).

Debugging
1. Please follow the debugging information provided here: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/ .
2. Repeat the action of creating the problem.
3. Copy and paste the contents of debug.log (log file inside the /wp-content/ directory) here for me to see

Let me know.

Regards,
Riffaz.

September 28, 2018 at 11:42 pm #2774932

edaineB

Hi Rifaz,

So I tried above, by increasing the WP memory limit to 512MB, turning off plugins but still it keeps occurring.
Switching to a default theme isn't an option as this happens on a production environment.

October 1, 2018 at 2:58 pm #2778565

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

We can achieve this by overriding via custom XML.
Just add this code to WPML > Settings > Custom XML Configuration

<wpml-config>
    <admin-texts>
        <key name="woocommerce_google_analytics_pro_settings">
            <key name="property" />
            <key name="tracking_id" />
      </key>
    </admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

Steps are mentioned here: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/overriding-language-configuration-files/

Now, you will see them in WPML> String Translation translate the strings

Let us know.

Regards,

The topic ‘[Closed] Translate texts in admin screens does not process’ is closed to new replies.